unable to install postgreql 13.4

From
shashidhar Reddy
Date:
Hello,

I need to install postgresql 13.4 on development server , but getting below errors, please help to resolve this

sudo apt-get install postgresql-13.4

Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
E: Unable to locate package postgresql-13.4
E: Couldn't find any package by glob 'postgresql-13.4'
E: Couldn't find any package by regex 'postgresql-13.4'

Note: This is on ubuntu and postgresql 11 is already there on the machine.

--
Shashidhar

Re: unable to install postgreql 13.4

From
Julien Rouhaud
Date:
Hi,

On Thu, Nov 03, 2022 at 12:18:05PM +0530, shashidhar Reddy wrote:

> I need to install postgresql 13.4 on development server , but getting below
> errors, please help to resolve this
>
> sudo apt-get install postgresql-13.4
>
> Reading package lists... Done
> Building dependency tree
> Reading state information... Done
> E: Unable to locate package postgresql-13.4
> E: Couldn't find any package by glob 'postgresql-13.4'
> E: Couldn't find any package by regex 'postgresql-13.4'
>
> Note: This is on ubuntu and postgresql 11 is already there on the machine.

You need to specify the major version but not the minor version.  The package
will take care of installing the latest version, and updating it with the rest
of the system, so you should write:

sudo apt-get install postgresql-13

You can refer to the pgdg apt documentation for more details:
https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Apt.

Re: unable to install postgreql 13.4

From
shashidhar Reddy
Date:
Hello Julien,

Actually production databases are on version 13.4 and the team needs the same version to test something on it, is there a way to install the same version?

Date:
On Thu, Nov 03, 2022 at 12:38:53PM +0530, shashidhar Reddy wrote:
> Hello Julien,
>
> Actually production databases are on version 13.4 and the team needs the
> same version to test something on it, is there a way to install the same
> version?

Ah I see.  You can try to use https://apt-archive.postgresql.org/ it may
contain the version you want.  Otherwise you may have to compile it from source
code.

Re: unable to install postgreql 13.4

From
shashidhar Reddy
Date:
Thank you Julien!

On Thu, Nov 3, 2022 at 12:52 PM Julien Rouhaud <rjuju123@gmail.com> wrote:
On Thu, Nov 03, 2022 at 12:38:53PM +0530, shashidhar Reddy wrote:
> Hello Julien,
>
> Actually production databases are on version 13.4 and the team needs the
> same version to test something on it, is there a way to install the same
> version?

Ah I see.  You can try to use https://apt-archive.postgresql.org/ it may
contain the version you want.  Otherwise you may have to compile it from source
code.

--
Shashidhar

Re: unable to install postgreql 13.4

From
Ron
Date:
On 11/3/22 01:48, shashidhar Reddy wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I need to install postgresql 13.4 on development server , but getting
> below errors, please help to resolve this
>
> sudo apt-get install postgresql-13.4
>
> Reading package lists... Done
> Building dependency tree
> Reading state information... Done
> E: Unable to locate package postgresql-13.4
> E: Couldn't find any package by glob 'postgresql-13.4'
> E: Couldn't find any package by regex 'postgresql-13.4'
>
> Note: This is on ubuntu and postgresql 11 is already there on the machine.

Did you specify the minor version when installing postgresql 11, or did you
install "postgresql-11"?