Re: unable to install postgreql 13.4 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Julien Rouhaud
Subject Re: unable to install postgreql 13.4
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi,

On Thu, Nov 03, 2022 at 12:18:05PM +0530, shashidhar Reddy wrote:

> I need to install postgresql 13.4 on development server , but getting below
> errors, please help to resolve this
>
> sudo apt-get install postgresql-13.4
>
> Reading package lists... Done
> Building dependency tree
> Reading state information... Done
> E: Unable to locate package postgresql-13.4
> E: Couldn't find any package by glob 'postgresql-13.4'
> E: Couldn't find any package by regex 'postgresql-13.4'
>
> Note: This is on ubuntu and postgresql 11 is already there on the machine.

You need to specify the major version but not the minor version.  The package
will take care of installing the latest version, and updating it with the rest
of the system, so you should write:

sudo apt-get install postgresql-13

You can refer to the pgdg apt documentation for more details:
https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Apt.