create tables using the application metadata

From
Nikhil Ingale
Date:
Hi All,
I've metadata tables of our application where we have all tables,columns and constraints information about each table stored.

How do I generate the CREATE TABLE sql scripts to generate schema using our application metadata table?

Regards,
Nikhil

Re: create tables using the application metadata

From
Samed YILDIRIM
Date:
Hello Nikhil,

Could you explain with some example data? I can't comment on it without knowing what you have in the metadata table and its structure?

You basically can use SELECT statement and create a string through SQL queries against to your metadata table.

Best regards.
Samed YILDIRIM

I've metadata tables of our application where we have all tables,columns and constraints information about each table stored.

How do I generate the CREATE TABLE sql scripts to generate schema using our application metadata table?

Regards,
Nikhil

Re: create tables using the application metadata

From
Ron
Date:
On 10/28/22 02:43, Nikhil Ingale wrote:
> Hi All,
> I've metadata tables of our application where we have all tables,columns
> and constraints information about each table stored.
>
> How do I generate the CREATE TABLE sql scripts to generate schema using
> our application metadata table?

Depending on how your metadata tables are organized, use either the format()
function embedded in a SELECT statement, or have your application generate
dynamic SQL.