Best open source monitoring tools for PostgreSQL?

From
Sbob
Date:
All;

I'm wanting to find a good open source monitoring & alerting tool for
PostgreSQL, it needs to have near real time alerting so tools like PG
Badger / PGCLUU are out.  What are you all using?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions

Re: Best open source monitoring tools for PostgreSQL?

From
Mani Sankar
Date:
Hi Sbob,

Maybe you can check tools like grafana, nagios, postgres_check, PMM etc.

Regards,
Mani.

I'm wanting to find a good open source monitoring & alerting tool for
PostgreSQL, it needs to have near real time alerting so tools like PG
Badger / PGCLUU are out.  What are you all using?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions

Re: Best open source monitoring tools for PostgreSQL?

From
Keith Fiske
Date:
Take a look at pgMonitor. It uses all open source components (Prometheus/Grafana) and is fully customizable to monitor any part of your application stack, not just PostgreSQL

--
Keith Fiske
Senior Database Engineer

Re: Best open source monitoring tools for PostgreSQL?

From
"Edward J. Sabol"
Date:
On Oct 14, 2022, at 11:44 AM, Sbob <sbob@quadratum-braccas.com> wrote:
> I'm wanting to find a good open source monitoring & alerting tool for PostgreSQL, it needs to have near real time
alertingso tools like PG Badger / PGCLUU are out.  What are you all using?

check_postgres is great if you have a Nagios (or compatible alternative like Icinga) monitoring system. Even if you
don't,you could use it with cron pretty easily, I imagine.

https://bucardo.org/check_postgres/
https://github.com/bucardo/check_postgres

Later,
Ed

Re: Best open source monitoring tools for PostgreSQL?

From
Licio Matos
Date:
Hi Edward,