[meson] add missing pg_attribute_aligned for MSVC in meson build

From
Junwang Zhao
Date:
Hi Andres,

Commit ec3c9cc add pg_attribute_aligned in MSVC[1],
which was pushed one day before the meson commits,
so meson build missed this feature.

[1]: https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CAAaqYe-HbtZvR3msoMtk+hYW2S0e0OapzMW8icSMYTMA+mN8Aw@mail.gmail.com

--
Regards
Junwang Zhao

Attachment

Re: [meson] add missing pg_attribute_aligned for MSVC in meson build

From
Michael Paquier
Date:
On Fri, Oct 14, 2022 at 10:59:28AM +0800, Junwang Zhao wrote:
> Commit ec3c9cc add pg_attribute_aligned in MSVC[1],
> which was pushed one day before the meson commits,
> so meson build missed this feature.
>
> [1]: https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CAAaqYe-HbtZvR3msoMtk+hYW2S0e0OapzMW8icSMYTMA+mN8Aw@mail.gmail.com

Right, thanks!  And it is possible to rely on _MSC_VER for that in
this code path.
--
Michael

Attachment

Re: [meson] add missing pg_attribute_aligned for MSVC in meson build

From
Andres Freund
Date:
Hi,

On 2022-10-14 10:59:28 +0800, Junwang Zhao wrote:
> Commit ec3c9cc add pg_attribute_aligned in MSVC[1],
> which was pushed one day before the meson commits,
> so meson build missed this feature.

Good catch. It shouldn't have practical consequences for the moment, given
that msvc doesn't support 128bit integers, but of course we should still be
correct.

Looked through other recent changes to configure and found a few additional
omissions.

See the attached patch fixing those omissions. I'll push it to HEAD once it
has the CI stamp of approval.

Greetings,

Andres Freund

Attachment

Re: [meson] add missing pg_attribute_aligned for MSVC in meson build

From
Andres Freund
Date:
Hi,

On 2022-10-15 12:02:14 -0700, Andres Freund wrote:
> See the attached patch fixing those omissions. I'll push it to HEAD once it
> has the CI stamp of approval.

Done.

Thanks for the report!