Gui strange behaviour - trying to bring all rows

From
Albin Ary
Date:
Hello,

I have a database (Postgresql v 14.4 Community Edition).

Recently, I am having a problem with PgAdmin and also other GUIs, like Dbeaver.

When I execute a select it is not returning back anything, while it would normally bring first rows(200 in Dbeaver for example).

In PSQL (when I connect directly to the server through ssh) everything is fine.

Any idea what the problem might be?

I do not see anything in logs, unfortunately.

Re: Gui strange behaviour - trying to bring all rows

From
Erik Wienhold
Date:
Hi Albin,

> On 13/10/2022 15:10 CEST Albin Ary <albinary10@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I have a database (Postgresql v 14.4 Community Edition).
>
> Recently, I am having a problem with PgAdmin and also other GUIs, like Dbeaver.
>
> When I execute a select it is not returning back anything, while it would normally bring first rows(200 in Dbeaver
forexample).

> In PSQL (when I connect directly to the server through ssh) everything is fine.

Have you verified that it's the same server and database in each case?

--
Erik

Re: Gui strange behaviour - trying to bring all rows

From
Albin Ary
Date:
Hello, Erik!

Yes, I have done so. I reconfirmed it now.

On Thu, 13 Oct 2022 at 15:30, Erik Wienhold <ewie@ewie.name> wrote:
Hi Albin,

> On 13/10/2022 15:10 CEST Albin Ary <albinary10@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I have a database (Postgresql v 14.4 Community Edition).
>
> Recently, I am having a problem with PgAdmin and also other GUIs, like Dbeaver.
>
> When I execute a select it is not returning back anything, while it would normally bring first rows(200 in Dbeaver for example).
>
> In PSQL (when I connect directly to the server through ssh) everything is fine.

Have you verified that it's the same server and database in each case?

--
Erik

Re: Gui strange behaviour - trying to bring all rows

From
Holger Jakobs
Date:
If it works find with psql, there is nothing wrong with the server. And
the server is the only topic on this mailing ist.

It could help to ask on the pgAdmin mailing list.

--
Holger Jakobs, Bergisch Gladbach, Tel. +49-178-9759012

Attachment