list of acknowledgments for PG14

From
Peter Eisentraut
Date:
Attached is the plain-text list of acknowledgments for the PG14 release
notes, current through today.  Please check for problems such as wrong
sorting, duplicate names in different variants, or names in the wrong
order etc.  (Note that the current standard is given name followed by
surname, independent of cultural origin.)

Attachment

Re: list of acknowledgments for PG14

From
Daniel Gustafsson
Date:
> On 26 Aug 2021, at 10:41, Peter Eisentraut <peter.eisentraut@enterprisedb.com> wrote:

> Attached is the plain-text list of acknowledgments for the PG14 release notes, current through today.  Please check
forproblems such as wrong sorting, duplicate names in different variants, or names in the wrong order etc.  (Note that
thecurrent standard is given name followed by surname, independent of cultural origin.)

I would have expected “Ö” (Önder Kalacı) to sort after “Z” but that might only
be true for my locale?

Re: list of acknowledgments for PG14

From
Etsuro Fujita
Date:
On Thu, Aug 26, 2021 at 5:41 PM Peter Eisentraut
> Attached is the plain-text list of acknowledgments for the PG14 release
> notes, current through today.  Please check for problems such as wrong
> sorting, duplicate names in different variants, or names in the wrong
> order etc.  (Note that the current standard is given name followed by
> surname, independent of cultural origin.)

Thanks as usual!  I think these are Japanese names and in the wrong order:

Katsuragi Yuta
Kobayashi Hisanori
Kondo Yuta
Matsumura Ryo

Best regards,
Etsuro Fujita

Date:
On 26.08.21 10:48, Daniel Gustafsson wrote:
>> On 26 Aug 2021, at 10:41, Peter Eisentraut <peter.eisentraut@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
>
>> Attached is the plain-text list of acknowledgments for the PG14 release notes, current through today.  Please check
forproblems such as wrong sorting, duplicate names in different variants, or names in the wrong order etc.  (Note that
thecurrent standard is given name followed by surname, independent of cultural origin.)

> I would have expected “Ö” (Önder Kalacı) to sort after “Z” but that might only
> be true for my locale?

The sort order is COLLATE "en-x-icu".

Date:
On 26.08.21 11:20, Etsuro Fujita wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 26, 2021 at 5:41 PM Peter Eisentraut
> <peter.eisentraut@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
>> Attached is the plain-text list of acknowledgments for the PG14 release
>> notes, current through today.  Please check for problems such as wrong
>> sorting, duplicate names in different variants, or names in the wrong
>> order etc.  (Note that the current standard is given name followed by
>> surname, independent of cultural origin.)
>
> Thanks as usual!  I think these are Japanese names and in the wrong order:
>
> Katsuragi Yuta
> Kobayashi Hisanori
> Kondo Yuta
> Matsumura Ryo

Committed with those corrections.  Thanks.