Minor pg_amcheck fixes spotted while reading code

From
Daniel Gustafsson
Date:
When perusing the pg_amcheck code the other day for the recently pushed fixes I
found two small things that seem worth fixing: The help function progname
parameter shadows the global variable of the same name, which no doubt will
make static analyzers complain so we might as well fix that; and there is a
tiny typo in the test stanza.

Both fixed in the attached.

Re: Minor pg_amcheck fixes spotted while reading code

From
Mark Dilger

> On Aug 20, 2021, at 11:19 AM, Daniel Gustafsson <daniel@yesql.se> wrote:
>
> When perusing the pg_amcheck code the other day for the recently pushed fixes I
> found two small things that seem worth fixing: The help function progname
> parameter shadows the global variable of the same name, which no doubt will
> make static analyzers complain so we might as well fix that; and there is a
> tiny typo in the test stanza.
>
> Both fixed in the attached.
>
> --
> Daniel Gustafsson        https://vmware.com/
>
> <0001-Fix-variable-shadowing.patch><0002-pg_amcheck-test-typofix.patch>

These look correct.

—
Mark Dilger
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Re: Minor pg_amcheck fixes spotted while reading code

From
Michael Paquier
Date:
On Fri, Aug 20, 2021 at 11:42:09AM -0700, Mark Dilger wrote:
> These look correct.

 static void
-help(const char *progname)
+help(const char *program_name)
These were discussed not long ago, and I recall that they were in the
we-don't-care category.  Note for example all the tools of
src/scripts/ and pg_dump/.
--
Michael

Attachment

Date:
> On 21 Aug 2021, at 02:43, Michael Paquier <michael@paquier.xyz> wrote:
>
> On Fri, Aug 20, 2021 at 11:42:09AM -0700, Mark Dilger wrote:
>> These look correct.
>
> static void
> -help(const char *progname)
> +help(const char *program_name)
> These were discussed not long ago, and I recall that they were in the
> we-don't-care category.  Note for example all the tools of
> src/scripts/ and pg_dump/.

Fair enough, I had missed that thread.