Download instructions for other linux

From
Magnus Hagander
Date:
Our download instructions for "other linux" say:

"Should packages not be available for your distribution, or there are
issues with your package manager, there are graphical installers
available."

But, those installers were discontinued, right? I guess we should
remove that text, and update the sentence following it to read better
(because it'll sound silly if that paragraph is removed)

--
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: https://www.hagander.net/

Re: Download instructions for other linux

From
Dave Page

Our download instructions for "other linux" say:

"Should packages not be available for your distribution, or there are
issues with your package manager, there are graphical installers
available."

But, those installers were discontinued, right?

Yes, v10.x is the last supported major.

I guess we should
remove that text, and update the sentence following it to read better
(because it'll sound silly if that paragraph is removed)

Indeed.

--

Date:
On Tue, Jul 13, 2021 at 10:26 AM Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org> wrote:

> On Tue, Jul 13, 2021 at 9:18 AM Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net> wrote:
>>
>> Our download instructions for "other linux" say:
>>
>> "Should packages not be available for your distribution, or there are
>> issues with your package manager, there are graphical installers
>> available."
>>
>> But, those installers were discontinued, right?
>

> Yes, v10.x is the last supported major.
>

>> I guess we should
>> remove that text, and update the sentence following it to read better
>> (because it'll sound silly if that paragraph is removed)
>

> Indeed.

Hmm. 10 is still supported though, and for a while longer. But I see
that in e836d33bbfb1ebe5530acdd75eeb5f00a5ddbfbf we decided that
doesn't matter and we want it removed, so we should just clean that
up. Will do.