Master - Slave Replication Window Server

From
Haseeb Khan
Date:
Hello Everyone !

I trust that you guys are keep doing very Well !

Does anyone have complete documentation to configure PostgreSQL V13 Master and Slave on Windows Server
and also how to test Manual Failover ?

Would highly appreciated, if someone could help in this regard.

Br,
Haseeb Ahmad

Re: Master - Slave Replication Window Server

From
Rory Campbell-Lange
Date:
On 15/06/21, Haseeb Khan (khanhaseeb92@gmail.com) wrote:
> Does anyone have complete documentation to configure PostgreSQL V13 Master
> and Slave on Windows Server and also how to test Manual Failover ?

I suggest having a look at https://www.postgresql.org/docs/13/high-availability.html

The server administration documentation at https://www.postgresql.org/docs/13/admin.html has some Windows-specific
guides.

Rory

Re: Master - Slave Replication Window Server

From
Haseeb Khan
Date:
Thankyou Rory !

Br,
Haseeb Ahmad

> On 15-Jun-2021, at 12:42 AM, Rory Campbell-Lange <rory@campbell-lange.net> wrote:
>
> On 15/06/21, Haseeb Khan (khanhaseeb92@gmail.com) wrote:
>> Does anyone have complete documentation to configure PostgreSQL V13 Master
>> and Slave on Windows Server and also how to test Manual Failover ?
>
> I suggest having a look at https://www.postgresql.org/docs/13/high-availability.html
>
> The server administration documentation at https://www.postgresql.org/docs/13/admin.html has some Windows-specific
guides.

> Rory

Re: Master - Slave Replication Window Server

From
Haseeb Khan
Date:
Hello Rory,

Hope you're doing well !

I have confusion below, Should we create an archive path on the standby server and then set it to recovery.conf file ?

restore_command = 'cp /path/to/archive/%f %p'

BR,
Haseeb Ahmad

Date:
On 15/06/21, Haseeb Khan (khanhaseeb92@gmail.com) wrote:
> I have confusion below, Should we create an archive path on the standby
> server and then set it to recovery.conf file ?
>
> restore_command = 'cp /path/to/archive/%f %p'

Hi Hasseb

Are you following this procedure?
https://www.postgresql.org/docs/13/continuous-archiving.html

If so please let us know what problem you are experiencing.

Also, this is the postgres performance list. Please move this conversation to postgresql general.

Cheers
Rory

Re: Master - Slave Replication Window Server

From
Haseeb Khan
Date:
Hello Rory,

Yes , I have followed the document and configured each and everything. But I can’t see archive_Wal_segments is copying to the folder which I have created. So the issue I am facing is that where should I create the archive folder should I create on master or slave server ? Might be I am missing something or doing some mistake.

Would appreciated, if you could help in this regard

Kindly send me the Postgres general email, so I can raise this issue over there as well

Thanks in advance

Br
Haseeb Ahmad

I have confusion below, Should we create an archive path on the standby
server and then set it to recovery.conf file ?

restore_command = 'cp /path/to/archive/%f %p'

Hi Hasseb

Are you following this procedure?
https://www.postgresql.org/docs/13/continuous-archiving.html

If so please let us know what problem you are experiencing.

Also, this is the postgres performance list. Please move this conversation to postgresql general.

Cheers
Rory

Re: Master - Slave Replication Window Server

From
Atul Kumar
Date:
Hi Haseeb,

I had configured replication on windows and made a document in an easy way. I am not expert but I hope it will help you.

Regards
Atul

[...]

Attachment