pgAdmin: ERD Tool a suggestion.

From
Hitesh Patel
Date:
Dear pgAdmin Hackers,

I notice in the latest version of pgAdmin (4.30) there is a ERD beta tool.

I wanted to suggest a feature which would be most helpful for database developers (not sure if you already working on
this).

A lot of times I need to propose changes to the database and the database has 100s of table, which becomes very
difficultto view altogether.

What I was looking to suggest is to connect to an existing database, but then be able to select existing ‘database
table(s)’,with the ‘ERD tool’ then able to create all the links/attribute info in the view. So bit like ‘Generate ERD,
butallow me to choose/restrict the tables’. This allows me to generate ‘different perspectives’ of my database and
focuson the functionality they deliver in discussion/proposals/documentation.

Kinds Regards,

Hitesh Patel
PS: very excited with this feature.

Re: pgAdmin: ERD Tool a suggestion.

From
Aditya Toshniwal
Date:
Hi Hitesh,

Can you please create a feature request here - https://redmine.postgresql.org/projects/pgadmin4/issues/new ?

Kinds Regards,

Hitesh Patel
PS: very excited with this feature.

Aditya Toshniwal
pgAdmin hacker | Sr. Software Engineer | edbpostgres.com