pgAdmin: ERD Tool a suggestion. - Mailing list pgadmin-hackers

From Hitesh Patel
Subject pgAdmin: ERD Tool a suggestion.
Date
List pgadmin-hackers
Dear pgAdmin Hackers,

I notice in the latest version of pgAdmin (4.30) there is a ERD beta tool.

I wanted to suggest a feature which would be most helpful for database developers (not sure if you already working on
this).

A lot of times I need to propose changes to the database and the database has 100s of table, which becomes very
difficultto view altogether.

What I was looking to suggest is to connect to an existing database, but then be able to select existing ‘database
table(s)’,with the ‘ERD tool’ then able to create all the links/attribute info in the view. So bit like ‘Generate ERD,
butallow me to choose/restrict the tables’. This allows me to generate ‘different perspectives’ of my database and
focuson the functionality they deliver in discussion/proposals/documentation.

Kinds Regards,

Hitesh Patel
PS: very excited with this feature.