streaming replication between postgres and enterprisedb

From
Atul Kumar
Date:
Hi,

Please help me in knowing that can we configure streaming replication
between one postgres server (9.5) as master and one enterprisedb
server(10)  as slave ?

As I wanted to migrate the data from postgres 9.5 to enterprisedb 10,
So I thought Streaming replication may be helpful.

Or Do we any other option to migrate data from postgres 9.5 to enterprisedb 10.

Please help me.

Regards,
Atul

Fwd: streaming replication between postgres and enterprisedb

From
franklin ferreira de lima

franklin ferreira de lima

Please help me in knowing that can we configure streaming replication
between one postgres server (9.5) as master and one enterprisedb
server(10)  as slave ?

As I wanted to migrate the data from postgres 9.5 to enterprisedb 10,
So I thought Streaming replication may be helpful.

Or Do we any other option to migrate data from postgres 9.5 to enterprisedb 10.

Please help me.

Regards,
Atul

Re: streaming replication between postgres and enterprisedb

From
Ian Lawrence Barwick
Date:
Please help me in knowing that can we configure streaming replication
between one postgres server (9.5) as master and one enterprisedb
server(10)  as slave ?

As I wanted to migrate the data from postgres 9.5 to enterprisedb 10,
So I thought Streaming replication may be helpful.

You can't use streaming replication between different PostgreSQL major versions.

Or Do we any other option to migrate data from postgres 9.5 to enterprisedb 10.

Logical replication is a practical solution for major version upgrades with minimal
downtime; see e.g.:

Regards

Ian Barwick

--

Re: streaming replication between postgres and enterprisedb

From
Laurenz Albe
Date:
On Fri, 2021-01-15 at 18:38 +0530, Atul Kumar wrote:
> Please help me in knowing that can we configure streaming replication
> between one postgres server (9.5) as master and one enterprisedb
> server(10)  as slave ?
>
> As I wanted to migrate the data from postgres 9.5 to enterprisedb 10,
> So I thought Streaming replication may be helpful.
>
> Or Do we any other option to migrate data from postgres 9.5 to enterprisedb 10.

Streaming replicatoin cannot do that, and logical replication
is not supported before v10.

You could use old tools like Slony.

Yours,
Laurenz Albe