Re: streaming replication between postgres and enterprisedb - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Ian Lawrence Barwick
Subject Re: streaming replication between postgres and enterprisedb
Date
List pgsql-admin
2021年1月15日(金) 22:08 Atul Kumar <akumar14871@gmail.com>:
Hi,

Please help me in knowing that can we configure streaming replication
between one postgres server (9.5) as master and one enterprisedb
server(10)  as slave ?

As I wanted to migrate the data from postgres 9.5 to enterprisedb 10,
So I thought Streaming replication may be helpful.

You can't use streaming replication between different PostgreSQL major versions.

Or Do we any other option to migrate data from postgres 9.5 to enterprisedb 10.

Logical replication is a practical solution for major version upgrades with minimal
downtime; see e.g.:

Regards

Ian Barwick