BUG #16717: ERRORDATA_STACK_SIZE exceeded after 5 times of the same command

From
PG Bug reporting form
Date:

Bug reference:      16717
Logged by:          Emmanuel O
Email address:      emmanuel.ona@seetickets.fr
PostgreSQL version: 11.9
Operating system:   debian stretch

Hi guys,

this behaviour drives me crazy, using a data wrapper (mysql_fdw) from a
mariadb instance to initialize a postgres foreign table, i'm facing the
following issue after running the fifth's time the same "import foreign
schema..." command.
The max_stack_depth is high (128Mb), but any change of this parameter have
no effect, it fails at the #5 try

api=# DROP FOREIGN TABLE IF EXISTS import_zzz.zzz_contact_event_prod;IMPORT
FOREIGN SCHEMA "schema_V3" limit to ( "zzz_contact__prod") FROM SERVER
mysql_zzz INTO import_zzz;
NOTICE:  foreign table "zzz_contact_event_prod" does not exist, skipping
DROP FOREIGN TABLE
IMPORT FOREIGN SCHEMA
[...]
PANIC:  ERRORDATA_STACK_SIZE exceeded
    before or while processing the request.

Any help will be quite appreciated,

Thanks
Emmanuel

> this behaviour drives me crazy, using a data wrapper (mysql_fdw) from a
> mariadb instance to initialize a postgres foreign table, i'm facing the
> following issue after running the fifth's time the same "import foreign
> schema..." command.

Can't reproduce any such thing with postgres_fdw, so I suppose this
is a bug in mysql_fdw, not IMPORT FOREIGN SCHEMA generally.  It is
probably dealing with some situation by catching an error, and then
forgetting to clean up after itself (with FlushErrorState).  I'd
suggest reporting this to whatever the contact address for mysql_fdw
is.

            regards, tom lane