Conditional column filtering with pglogical replication

From
PALAYRET Jacques
Date:
Hello,

With PgLogical extension, I have tested the possibility of column filtering (columns) and row filtering (row_filter).
But is there a way to do a conditional column filtering ?
I mean a way to filter a column based on a predicate, with pglogical (so the filtered values won’t arrive on subscribers).
For example, with a replicated table t(a integer as Primary Key, b numeric, c integer, d text), I would like to filter the column b when c between 10 and 20.

Regards
----- Météo-France -----
PALAYRET JACQUES
DCSC/MBD
jacques.palayret@meteo.fr
Fixe : +33 561078319

Re: Conditional column filtering with pglogical replication

From
Fabrízio de Royes Mello
Date:
Em sex., 23 de out. de 2020 às 10:35, PALAYRET Jacques <jacques.palayret@meteo.fr> escreveu:

> With PgLogical extension, I have tested the possibility of column filtering (columns) and row filtering (row_filter).
> But is there a way to do a conditional column filtering ?
> I mean a way to filter a column based on a predicate, with pglogical (so the filtered values won’t arrive on subscribers).
> For example, with a replicated table t(a integer as Primary Key, b numeric, c integer, d text), I would like to filter the column b when c between 10 and 20.

Hello,

According to the documentation [1] the row_filter is a normal PostgreSQL expression with the same limitations of CHECK constraints, so you can do something like: row_filter := 'c between 10 and 20 and b = ?'

   Fabrízio de Royes Mello         Timbira - http://www.timbira.com.br/

Re: Conditional column filtering with pglogical replication

From
PALAYRET Jacques
Date:
@page { margin: 2cm } p { margin-bottom: 0.25cm; line-height: 120% } @page { margin: 2cm } p { margin-bottom: 0.25cm; line-height: 120% }

The " row_filter " filters the rows and I don’t want to filter the row but only one (or several) column(s).

Actually, I want a column value on the provider to be filtered on subcribers when replicating.

For example, on provider :

a | b | c | d

123 | 45.6 | 15 | abc

111 | 55.5 | 66 | def

on subscriber :

a | b | c | d

123 | 45.6 | 15 | abc

111 |        | 66 | def

-> b NULL on subscriber  but the others columns are replicated.