rum index supported on pg13?

From
John the Scott
Date:
will rum index from postgrespro be supported in pg13?
numerous errors occur when compiling rum in pg13 and
no replies from github.  the differences from pg12
to pg13 seem to be significant

     https://github.com/postgrespro/rum

thanks for such a brilliant extension.
perhaps i should jump in and help.

-john

--
Fast is fine, But accuracy is final.
You must learn to be slow in a hurry.

Re: rum index supported on pg13?

From
Michael Paquier
Date:
On Thu, Oct 08, 2020 at 09:29:31PM -0500, John the Scott wrote:
> will rum index from postgrespro be supported in pg13?
> numerous errors occur when compiling rum in pg13 and
> no replies from github.  the differences from pg12
> to pg13 seem to be significant
>
>      https://github.com/postgrespro/rum

Did you ask directly this question to the authors of the extension on
the page of the project you are quoting above?
--
Michael

Attachment

Re: rum index supported on pg13?

From
John the Scott
Date:
No, instead i posted the compile errors.

I am still new to github protocol, so i was not sure
if asking about longer term support of rum was appropriate for
the github issues posting.

the differences between pg12 and pg13 seem considerable.
our internal use of rum has been spectacularly successful,
we may be able to justify resources to fixing the compile issues with pg13,
but the effort will be considerable.

-john

--

Date:
On Mon, Oct 12, 2020 at 12:17:04PM -0500, John the Scott wrote:
> I am still new to github protocol, so i was not sure
> if asking about longer term support of rum was appropriate for
> the github issues posting.

Most of the original developers of rum are registered on this mailing
list so there would be some visibility, but I would guess that posting
an issue or a question from the actual project page does not hurt
either.

> the differences between pg12 and pg13 seem considerable.
> our internal use of rum has been spectacularly successful,
> we may be able to justify resources to fixing the compile issues with pg13,
> but the effort will be considerable.

Glad to hear that.
--
Michael

Attachment

Re: rum index supported on pg13?

From
Teodor Sigaev
Date:
Thank you, fixed and published.

--
Teodor Sigaev                      E-mail: teodor@sigaev.ru
                                       WWW: http://www.sigaev.ru/

Re: rum index supported on pg13?

From
Devrim Gündüz
Date:
Hi Teodor,

On Wed, 2020-10-14 at 18:49 +0300, Teodor Sigaev wrote:
> Thank you, fixed and published.

Can you please release a new tarball? We need that to build the RPM
packages. I'm still seeing 1.3.6 as the latest version.

Thanks!

Devrim Gündüz
Open Source Solution Architect, Red Hat Certified Engineer

Re: rum index supported on pg13?

From
Teodor Sigaev
Date: