Problem of ko.po on branch REL9_5_STABLE

From
"Yang, Rong"
Date:
Hi,

    When I checked the encoding of the Po files, I noticed that src/bin/pg_config/po/ko.po on REL9_5_STABLE branch
seemeda little different.

    The ‘Content-Type’ of this file and file’s encoding are different from those under other modules, as follows:

    src/bin/pg_config/po/ko.po:

     These even different from the other branches, as follows:

    REL9_5_STABLE src/bin/pg_config/po/ko.po:

    Is there any particular reason for doing this? Or are there any challenges for compatible problems?
    Thanks in advance.

Yang Rong
Development Department II Software Division II Nanjing Fujitsu Nanda Software Tech. Co., Ltd.(FNST)
ADDR.: No.6 Wenzhu Road, Software Avenue,
          Nanjing, 210012, China
TEL  : +86+25-86630566-9431
COINS: 7998-9431
FAX  : +86+25-83317685
MAIL: yangr.fnst@cn.fujitsu.com

Re: Problem of ko.po on branch REL9_5_STABLE

From
Alvaro Herrera
Date:
Hi,

On 2020-Sep-25, Yang, Rong wrote:

>     When I checked the encoding of the Po files, I noticed that src/bin/pg_config/po/ko.po on REL9_5_STABLE branch
seemeda little different.

>     The ‘Content-Type’ of this file and file’s encoding are different from those under other modules, as follows:
>
>     src/bin/pg_config/po/ko.po:

Yeah, each file declares in its header the encoding it's in, and of
course the entire file must be in that encoding.  In the case of
pg_config's ko.po it was changed from euc-kr to UTF-8 sometime in
October 2016 (between 9.5 and 9.6).  It is not supposed to cause any
problems.  If it does, please let do us know.

If the Korean translation interests you, perhaps we could persuade you
to update it for the 13 branch,
https://babel.postgresql.org/