Re: Problem of ko.po on branch REL9_5_STABLE - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: Problem of ko.po on branch REL9_5_STABLE
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On 2020-Sep-25, Yang, Rong wrote:

>     When I checked the encoding of the Po files, I noticed that src/bin/pg_config/po/ko.po on REL9_5_STABLE branch
seemeda little different.

>     The ‘Content-Type’ of this file and file’s encoding are different from those under other modules, as follows:
>
>     src/bin/pg_config/po/ko.po:

Yeah, each file declares in its header the encoding it's in, and of
course the entire file must be in that encoding.  In the case of
pg_config's ko.po it was changed from euc-kr to UTF-8 sometime in
October 2016 (between 9.5 and 9.6).  It is not supposed to cause any
problems.  If it does, please let do us know.

If the Korean translation interests you, perhaps we could persuade you
to update it for the 13 branch,
https://babel.postgresql.org/

Thanks,