Data sync between Oracle Non Cloud and PostgresDb in Azure

From
Jay Korrapati
Date:
Hi All,

I am looking for solutions where we can get live data from syncing data from Oracle in on premises to PostgresDB in Azure cloud.
I am thinking of having both PostgresDB on a VM in Azure could and Managed PostgresDB.

Your inputs are very helpful.

Thanks and Best Regards,
Jay Korrapati,
Software Application Engineer,
Cell No: 720-336-3660

Re: Data sync between Oracle Non Cloud and PostgresDb in Azure

From
David
Date:
Jay,

Have you checked out the Azure Database Migration Service?

Re: Data sync between Oracle Non Cloud and PostgresDb in Azure

From
Jay Korrapati
Date:
Hi David,
I checked out this. But this does not get me real-time data from On prem Oracle to Posgres in Azure. There is a time delay for data to migrate.

Thank you,
Jay Korrapati.

Thanks and Best Regards,
Jay Korrapati,
Software Application Engineer,
Have you checked out the Azure Database Migration Service?

Re: Data sync between Oracle Non Cloud and PostgresDb in Azure

From
Laurenz Albe
Date:
Jay Korrapati wrote:
> I checked out this. But this does not get me real-time data from On prem Oracle to Posgres in Azure.
>  There is a time delay for data to migrate.

If you want to access live Oracle data in PostgreSQL, you need oracle_fdw.

But you won't be able to get that on a hosted database.

This is one of the many reasons why hosted databases, despite being beneficial
in many ways, are not a good solution for everything.

Yours,
Laurenz Albe