Re: Data sync between Oracle Non Cloud and PostgresDb in Azure - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Laurenz Albe
Subject Re: Data sync between Oracle Non Cloud and PostgresDb in Azure
Date
List pgsql-admin
Jay Korrapati wrote:
> I checked out this. But this does not get me real-time data from On prem Oracle to Posgres in Azure.
>  There is a time delay for data to migrate.

If you want to access live Oracle data in PostgreSQL, you need oracle_fdw.

But you won't be able to get that on a hosted database.

This is one of the many reasons why hosted databases, despite being beneficial
in many ways, are not a good solution for everything.

Yours,
Laurenz Albe