[GSoC 2020] applicant proposal v2, Denis Volkov

From
Denis Volkov
Date:
Hi,
I want to apply to GSoC and this is my proposal draft. Please give me a feedback.
---
I am a 4-year undergraduate CS student at Ural Federal University. This fall I met PostgreSQL and posted the first PR
toWAL-G. I liked it so much that I decided to do the graduate work related to WAL-G - to implement backup(s) copying
fromone store to another (while WIP, I'm waiting for a review). I liked writing on golang, sorting out what works, and
thenI accidentally found out about GSoC and decided to give it a try.

I saw a list of suggested problems at
https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/GSoC_2020#WAL-G_performance_improvements_.282020.29and I was very interested in WAL's
historyconsistency check and page checksum verification features.

In mid-June, I will have a defense of a diploma thesis for a bachelor’s degree (this should not interfere with GSoC),
atthe end of June graduation (and this too) and in mid-August, I will take exams for admission to the magistracy (this
shouldnot be reflected).

I want to learn new things, write cool features and improve PostgresQL.
---

Regards,
Denis Volkov

Re: [GSoC 2020] applicant proposal v2, Denis Volkov

From
Stephen Frost
Date:
Greetings,

* Denis Volkov (volkov.denis.dev@yandex.ru) wrote:
> I want to apply to GSoC and this is my proposal draft. Please give me a feedback.

Great, thanks!  I'd suggest you reach out to the mentors listed for this
proposal directly also to make sure they see your interest, and to chat
with them regarding your proposal.

Thanks again,

Stephen

Attachment