[GSoC 2020] applicant proposal v2, Denis Volkov - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Denis Volkov
Subject [GSoC 2020] applicant proposal v2, Denis Volkov
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi,
I want to apply to GSoC and this is my proposal draft. Please give me a feedback.
---
I am a 4-year undergraduate CS student at Ural Federal University. This fall I met PostgreSQL and posted the first PR
toWAL-G. I liked it so much that I decided to do the graduate work related to WAL-G - to implement backup(s) copying
fromone store to another (while WIP, I'm waiting for a review). I liked writing on golang, sorting out what works, and
thenI accidentally found out about GSoC and decided to give it a try.

I saw a list of suggested problems at
https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/GSoC_2020#WAL-G_performance_improvements_.282020.29and I was very interested in WAL's
historyconsistency check and page checksum verification features.

In mid-June, I will have a defense of a diploma thesis for a bachelor’s degree (this should not interfere with GSoC),
atthe end of June graduation (and this too) and in mid-August, I will take exams for admission to the magistracy (this
shouldnot be reflected).

I want to learn new things, write cool features and improve PostgresQL.
---

Regards,
Denis Volkov