Question: Select messages using binary format

From
Aleksei Ivanov
Date:
Dear hackers,

I know that it is possible to receive packets in binary format using declare binary cursor and than fetching the result.

But is it possible just using ordinary select from simple query to specify that I want to receive the result in binary?

Best regards,

Re: Question: Select messages using binary format

From
Pavel Stehule
Date:
Hi

I know that it is possible to receive packets in binary format using declare binary cursor and than fetching the result.

But is it possible just using ordinary select from simple query to specify that I want to receive the result in binary?

It depends on interface that you use. C API - libpq allow to specify type of communication per query

PQexecParams resultFormat

What I known, you cannot to do from SQL level.

Regards

Pavel

Best regards,