Re: Question: Select messages using binary format - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Pavel Stehule
Subject Re: Question: Select messages using binary format
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi

so 7. 3. 2020 v 8:38 odesílatel Aleksei Ivanov <iv.alekseii@gmail.com> napsal:
Dear hackers,

I know that it is possible to receive packets in binary format using declare binary cursor and than fetching the result.

But is it possible just using ordinary select from simple query to specify that I want to receive the result in binary?

It depends on interface that you use. C API - libpq allow to specify type of communication per query

PQexecParams resultFormat

What I known, you cannot to do from SQL level.

Regards

Pavel

Best regards,