Question from someone who is not trained in computer sciences

From
Judith Lacoste
Date:
Hi,

My question is whether or not such set up is possible with PostgreSQL?

Why am I interested in PostrgreSQL?  First, my work has made me aware of how precious open source tools are.  Our main tools for data analysis are open source.  Commercial equivalents are black boxes which we try to avoid in the name of science reproducibility and transparency.  Secondly, the commercial software we are currently using is apparently based on PostgreSQL, so I am hoping that using PostgreSQL will make migration less painful.

Thank you in advance,

Judith

Re: Question from someone who is not trained in computer sciences

From
Ben Chobot
Date: