pgsql: Remove surplus call to table_finish_bulk_insert

From
David Rowley
Date:
Remove surplus call to table_finish_bulk_insert

4de60244e added the call to table_finish_bulk_insert to the
CopyMultiInsertBufferCleanup function.  We use a CopyMultiInsertBuffer even
for non-partitioned tables, so having the cleanup do that meant we would
call table_finsh_bulk_insert twice when performing COPY FROM with
a non-partitioned table.

Here we can just remove the direct call in CopyFrom and let
CopyMultiInsertBufferCleanup handle the call instead.

Branch
------
master

Details
-------
https://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/b2d69806d8cc902802a7b56ba37fb7c55e58b0ed

Modified Files
--------------
src/backend/commands/copy.c | 2 --
1 file changed, 2 deletions(-)

Re: pgsql: Remove surplus call to table_finish_bulk_insert

Date:
David Rowley <drowley@postgresql.org> writes:
> Remove surplus call to table_finish_bulk_insert

This still blows up immediately with -DRELCACHE_FORCE_RELEASE
(cf prion).

I think at this point you should revert and try again later.
This is blocking making the v12 branch, and it obviously needs
more thought.

            regards, tom lane

Date:
On Tue, 2 Jul 2019 at 03:33, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:

> David Rowley <drowley@postgresql.org> writes:
> > Remove surplus call to table_finish_bulk_insert
>
> This still blows up immediately with -DRELCACHE_FORCE_RELEASE
> (cf prion).
>
> I think at this point you should revert and try again later.
> This is blocking making the v12 branch, and it obviously needs
> more thought.

Yeah, you're right :(  done.