Missing RPM packages at yum.postgresql.org

From
cwlists
Date:
Hi,

I'm missing some packages and later product version for different OS versions and architectures. The missing packages seems unintentional.

- Latest postgresql release 9.6.11 is missing for EL6. Exists for EL7.
- Latest pgpoolAdmin 3.6 for PG 10 is missing for EL7, exists for EL6.
- Latest pgpoolAdmin 3.7 for PG 11 is missing for EL 7, exists for EL6.
- pgpool-ha is missing for PG 10 and EL6, EL7, for PG 11 and EL7.

Where the rpm is missing also the corresponding src.rpm is missing.

BR,
Christian Wahlgren

Re: Missing RPM packages at yum.postgresql.org

From
cwlists
FYI:
I have a local rsync'ed yum.postgresql.org and with the help of running the below 'find' to see the missing packages:

find . -regex '.*/postgresql[0-9]*-[0-9]*\..*\.rpm'
find . -regex '.*/pgpoolAdmin.*\.rpm'
find . -regex '.*/pgpool-ha.*\.rpm'

There might be other packages missing between PG versions and architectures, but those were the ones that I am interested in primarily.

BR,
Christian Wahlgren

Re: Missing RPM packages at yum.postgresql.org

From
Jehan-Guillaume de Rorthais
Date:
On Mon, 12 Nov 2018 20:05:00 +0100
cwlists <cwlists@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm missing some packages and later product version for different OS
> versions and architectures. The missing packages seems unintentional.
>
> - Latest postgresql release 9.6.11 is missing for EL6. Exists for EL7.

Mh, weird. It seems 9.6.11 is available for EL6 32bits arch, but not EL6 64bits.

https://download.postgresql.org/pub/repos/yum/9.6/redhat/rhel-6-i386/postgresql96-9.6.11-1PGDG.rhel6.i686.rpm

Anything we can do to give some help if needed?

Re: Missing RPM packages at yum.postgresql.org

From
cwlists
Date:
Hi,

Best would be to figure out why these are missing, or if it is just manual work, have a checklist. I can wait.

BR,
Christian

Re: Missing RPM packages at yum.postgresql.org

From
Devrim Gündüz
Date:
Hi,

First of all: Apologies for the late reply:

On Mon, 2018-11-12 at 20:05 +0100, cwlists wrote:

> I'm missing some packages and later product version for different OS
> versions and architectures. The missing packages seems unintentional.
>
> - Latest postgresql release 9.6.11 is missing for EL6. Exists for EL7.

This was pretty weird. It was reported twice, and I fixed (?) twice. I built
more packages afterwards, they were synced, but these packages were lost during
the final sync. Anyway, they are in the repos now.

> - Latest pgpoolAdmin 3.6 for PG 10 is missing for EL7, exists for EL6.
> - Latest pgpoolAdmin 3.7 for PG 11 is missing for EL 7, exists for EL6.

Both should be fixed now. This happened because of pgPool.net download
infrastructure. I manually build these packages.

> - pgpool-ha is missing for PG 10 and EL6, EL7, for PG 11 and EL7.

That will delay a bit more.

Devrim Gündüz
EnterpriseDB: https://www.enterprisedb.com
PostgreSQL Consultant, Red Hat Certified Engineer

Re: Missing RPM packages at yum.postgresql.org

From
Jehan-Guillaume de Rorthais
Date:
Hi Devrim,

On Tue, 20 Nov 2018 13:29:39 +0400
Devrim Gündüz <devrim@gunduz.org> wrote:
[...]
> > - Latest postgresql release 9.6.11 is missing for EL6. Exists for EL7.
>
> This was pretty weird. It was reported twice, and I fixed (?) twice. I built
> more packages afterwards, they were synced, but these packages were lost
> during the final sync. Anyway, they are in the repos now.

Well, looking for "postgresql96-9.6.11", I can not find them in both following
URLs:

* https://download.postgresql.org/pub/repos/yum/9.6/redhat/rhel-6Server-x86_64/
* https://download.postgresql.org/pub/repos/yum/9.6/redhat/rhel-6-x86_64/

Did something is still traveling through the internet to the repo or did they
disappeared again :/ ?

Re: Missing RPM packages at yum.postgresql.org

From
Devrim Gündüz
Date:
Hi ,

On Tue, 2018-11-20 at 11:51 +0100, Jehan-Guillaume de Rorthais wrote:
> Well, looking for "postgresql96-9.6.11", I can not find them in both
> following
> URLs:
>
> *
> https://download.postgresql.org/pub/repos/yum/9.6/redhat/rhel-6Server-x86_64/
> * https://download.postgresql.org/pub/repos/yum/9.6/redhat/rhel-6-x86_64/
>
> Did something is still traveling through the internet to the repo or did they
> disappeared again :/ ?

Arrrgghh! The testing repo of RHEL 6 - 9.6 overwrites the actual repo :-( Sorry
about that. Fixed it now. Syncing packages, should be ready in 20 mins.

Re: Missing RPM packages at yum.postgresql.org

From
Jehan-Guillaume de Rorthais
Date:
On Tue, 20 Nov 2018 15:00:42 +0400
Devrim Gündüz <devrim@gunduz.org> wrote:

> Hi ,
>
> On Tue, 2018-11-20 at 11:51 +0100, Jehan-Guillaume de Rorthais wrote:
> > Well, looking for "postgresql96-9.6.11", I can not find them in both
> > following
> > URLs:
> >
> > *
> > https://download.postgresql.org/pub/repos/yum/9.6/redhat/rhel-6Server-x86_64/
> > * https://download.postgresql.org/pub/repos/yum/9.6/redhat/rhel-6-x86_64/
> >
> > Did something is still traveling through the internet to the repo or did
> > they disappeared again :/ ?
>
> Arrrgghh! The testing repo of RHEL 6 - 9.6 overwrites the actual
> repo :-( Sorry about that. Fixed it now. Syncing packages, should be ready in
> 20 mins.

\o/
I can see the packages ;)

Thank you Devrim!

Re: Missing RPM packages at yum.postgresql.org

From
cwlists
Date:
Hi and thank you all!  Looks good now :-)

Devrim, you might not remember me, but I met you at Nasdaq, Stockholm, a couple of years ago when you held a course. I asked you specifically what PG HA solution to chose.

I like your packaging work! Btw, I wonder why you include /etc/profile in the .bash_profile explicitly, because at least in my RHEL and CentOS installations I notice it is run twice when you login as postgres. Is there a situation when it is not called? Probably in most situations this is not an issue since for example scripts in /etc/profile.d/ should handle multiple calls, but I have a script there which can't know if it has been called before for this login session.

BR,
Christian

On Tue, Nov 20, 2018 at 12:24 PM Jehan-Guillaume de Rorthais <jgdr@dalibo.com> wrote:
On Tue, 20 Nov 2018 15:00:42 +0400
Devrim Gündüz <devrim@gunduz.org> wrote:

> Hi ,
>
> On Tue, 2018-11-20 at 11:51 +0100, Jehan-Guillaume de Rorthais wrote:
> > Well, looking for "postgresql96-9.6.11", I can not find them in both
> > following
> > URLs:
> >
> > *
> > https://download.postgresql.org/pub/repos/yum/9.6/redhat/rhel-6Server-x86_64/
> > * https://download.postgresql.org/pub/repos/yum/9.6/redhat/rhel-6-x86_64/
> >
> > Did something is still traveling through the internet to the repo or did
> > they disappeared again :/ ?
>
> Arrrgghh! The testing repo of RHEL 6 - 9.6 overwrites the actual
> repo :-( Sorry about that. Fixed it now. Syncing packages, should be ready in
> 20 mins.

\o/
I can see the packages ;)

Thank you Devrim!

Re: Missing RPM packages at yum.postgresql.org

From
Devrim Gündüz
Date:
Hi,

On Sun, 2018-12-02 at 09:38 +0100, cwlists wrote:
> Hi and thank you all!  Looks good now :-)

yw!

> Devrim, you might not remember me, but I met you at Nasdaq, Stockholm, a
> couple of years ago when you held a course. I asked you specifically what
> PG HA solution to chose.

I definitely remember :)

> I like your packaging work! Btw, I wonder why you include /etc/profile in
> the .bash_profile explicitly, because at least in my RHEL and CentOS
> installations I notice it is run twice when you login as postgres. Is there
> a situation when it is not called? Probably in most situations this is not
> an issue since for example scripts in /etc/profile.d/ should handle
> multiple calls, but I have a script there which can't know if it has been
> called before for this login session.

I think there are/were some historical reasons for that. I can remove that,
unless anyone objects.

Re: Missing RPM packages at yum.postgresql.org

From
cwlists
Date:
Hi Devrim,

Only remove if you are absolutely sure it won't break anything. For now I just comment out this part after PG upgrades, which I can live with.

BR,
Christian

On Fri, Dec 21, 2018 at 12:46 PM Devrim Gündüz <devrim@gunduz.org> wrote:

Hi,

On Sun, 2018-12-02 at 09:38 +0100, cwlists wrote:
> Hi and thank you all!  Looks good now :-)

yw!

> Devrim, you might not remember me, but I met you at Nasdaq, Stockholm, a
> couple of years ago when you held a course. I asked you specifically what
> PG HA solution to chose.

I definitely remember :)

Re: Missing RPM packages at yum.postgresql.org

From
Devrim Gündüz
Date:
Hi,

On Fri, 2018-12-21 at 17:10 +0100, cwlists wrote:
> Only remove if you are absolutely sure it won't break anything. For now I
> just comment out this part after PG upgrades, which I can live with.

Good point. I'll make this change for v12+