BUG #15496: The application server could not be contacted

From
PG Bug reporting form
Date:

Bug reference:      15496
Logged by:          Carl Rylett
Email address:      carlrylett@yahoo.co.uk
PostgreSQL version: 11.1
Operating system:   Windows 10

Just trying Postgresql first time. Downloaded v11.1
Error 'The application server could not be contacted' on starting
pgAdmin.After searching I find I can resolve by deleting content from
C:\Users\{username}\AppData\Roaming\pgAdmin but I have to this this every
time when restarting pgAdmin
Note I have looked hard to find a way to submit a community question but
this is not obvious.
Regards,
Carl

Re: BUG #15496: The application server could not be contacted

From
Thomas Munro
Date:
On Mon, Nov 12, 2018 at 11:18 AM PG Bug reporting form
<noreply@postgresql.org> wrote:

> Bug reference:      15496
> Logged by:          Carl Rylett
> Email address:      carlrylett@yahoo.co.uk
> PostgreSQL version: 11.1
> Operating system:   Windows 10
>
> Just trying Postgresql first time. Downloaded v11.1
> Error 'The application server could not be contacted' on starting
> pgAdmin.After searching I find I can resolve by deleting content from
> C:\Users\{username}\AppData\Roaming\pgAdmin but I have to this this every
> time when restarting pgAdmin
> Note I have looked hard to find a way to submit a community question but
> this is not obvious.

Hi Carl,

Welcome.  There is plenty of overlap among the pgAdmin and PostgreSQL
developers, but they are separate projects and this is the place for
PostgreSQL bug reports.  You may get answers sooner if you report
problems over on pgAdmin's mailing list, perhaps from here:
https://www.pgadmin.org/support/

--
Thomas Munro
http://www.enterprisedb.com