Re: BUG #15496: The application server could not be contacted - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Thomas Munro
Subject Re: BUG #15496: The application server could not be contacted
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On Mon, Nov 12, 2018 at 11:18 AM PG Bug reporting form
<noreply@postgresql.org> wrote:

> Bug reference:      15496
> Logged by:          Carl Rylett
> Email address:      carlrylett@yahoo.co.uk
> PostgreSQL version: 11.1
> Operating system:   Windows 10
>
> Just trying Postgresql first time. Downloaded v11.1
> Error 'The application server could not be contacted' on starting
> pgAdmin.After searching I find I can resolve by deleting content from
> C:\Users\{username}\AppData\Roaming\pgAdmin but I have to this this every
> time when restarting pgAdmin
> Note I have looked hard to find a way to submit a community question but
> this is not obvious.

Hi Carl,

Welcome.  There is plenty of overlap among the pgAdmin and PostgreSQL
developers, but they are separate projects and this is the place for
PostgreSQL bug reports.  You may get answers sooner if you report
problems over on pgAdmin's mailing list, perhaps from here:
https://www.pgadmin.org/support/

--
Thomas Munro
http://www.enterprisedb.com