PGDG status and policy

From
Steve Crawford
Date:
While looking to install version 11 I discovered that the PGDG Yum repository page at https://www.postgresql.org/download/linux/redhat/ includes repository RPMs for RHEL7  (x86_64 and ppc64Ie), and RHEL6 (x86_64 and i386).

However there are no RPMs for version 6 of any derivatives (CentOS, Scientific, Oracle) and the RPMs for all the RHEL derivatives are for ppc64Ie only.

To what extent are the missing repos simply due to packagers being busy and which are by policy? I looked for a packaging policy and failed to find one. Does such a thing exist?

Cheers,
Steve

Re: PGDG status and policy

From
Adrian Klaver
Date:
On 10/18/18 3:02 PM, Steve Crawford wrote:
> While looking to install version 11 I discovered that the PGDG Yum
> repository page at
> https://www.postgresql.org/download/linux/redhat/ includes repository
> RPMs for RHEL7  (x86_64 and ppc64Ie), and RHEL6 (x86_64 and i386).
>
> However there are no RPMs for version 6 of any derivatives (CentOS,
> Scientific, Oracle) and the RPMs for all the RHEL derivatives are for
> ppc64Ie only.

My guess is the code supplying the dropdowns has not been refreshed.
Looks like the packages do exist:

https://yum.postgresql.org/repopackages.php

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

Re: PGDG status and policy

From
Steve Crawford
Date:
No, the *link* exists. The package doesn't (404 errors on, for example, Centos 7 x86_64 and several others).

Cheers,
Steve

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

Re: PGDG status and policy

From
Adrian Klaver
Date:
On 10/18/18 3:36 PM, Steve Crawford wrote:
> No, the *link* exists. The package doesn't (404 errors on, for example,
> Centos 7 x86_64 and several others).

According to this:

https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/04a8f81ad82d272d031f43c9f6f742e2fd3fcd30.camel%40gunduz.org

it should be fixed now. A quick check seems to indicate it is.

> Cheers,
> Steve
>
> On Thu, Oct 18, 2018 at 3:22 PM Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@aklaver.com
>
>     On 10/18/18 3:02 PM, Steve Crawford wrote:
>      > While looking to install version 11 I discovered that the PGDG Yum
>      > repository page at
>      > https://www.postgresql.org/download/linux/redhat/ includes
>     repository
>      > RPMs for RHEL7  (x86_64 and ppc64Ie), and RHEL6 (x86_64 and i386).
>      >
>      > However there are no RPMs for version 6 of any derivatives (CentOS,
>      > Scientific, Oracle) and the RPMs for all the RHEL derivatives are
>     for
>      > ppc64Ie only.
>
>     My guess is the code supplying the dropdowns has not been refreshed.
>     Looks like the packages do exist:
>
>     https://yum.postgresql.org/repopackages.php
>
>      >
>      > To what extent are the missing repos simply due to packagers
>     being busy
>      > and which are by policy? I looked for a packaging policy and
>     failed to
>      > find one. Does such a thing exist?
>      >
>      > Cheers,
>      > Steve
>      >

>     --
>     Adrian Klaver

Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

Re: PGDG status and policy

From
Steve Crawford

On Fri, Oct 19, 2018 at 7:34 AM Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@aklaver.com> wrote:
On 10/18/18 3:36 PM, Steve Crawford wrote:
> No, the *link* exists. The package doesn't (404 errors on, for example,
> Centos 7 x86_64 and several others).

According to this:

https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/04a8f81ad82d272d031f43c9f6f742e2fd3fcd30.camel%40gunduz.org

it should be fixed now. A quick check seems to indicate it is.

It is. Thanks. (I actually checked and discovered it was fixed, downloaded and installed on two servers by the time the message came through.)

Cheers,
Steve