Bug reference:      15274
Logged by:          Sagar More
Email address:      sagar5490.more@gmail.com
PostgreSQL version: 9.6.5
Operating system:   RHEL 7.2(Maipo)

Dear Team,

We are getting error LOG: server process (PID 13723) was terminated by
signal 11: Segmentation fault in our production environment database
we are using postgresql database version 9.6.5.
The database was started automatically but we want to know about root cause
of this error and
how we prevent this error in future

Thanks

On 11/07/18 11:33, PG Bug reporting form wrote:

> Bug reference:      15274
> Logged by:          Sagar More
> Email address:      sagar5490.more@gmail.com
> PostgreSQL version: 9.6.5
> Operating system:   RHEL 7.2(Maipo)
>
> Dear Team,
>
> We are getting error LOG: server process (PID 13723) was terminated by
> signal 11: Segmentation fault in our production environment database
> we are using postgresql database version 9.6.5.
> The database was started automatically but we want to know about root cause
> of this error and
> how we prevent this error in future

We're going to need more details on what happened. What information is
there in the server log around the crash? Did you get a core dump? Can
you get a backtrace out of the core dump?
(https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Getting_a_stack_trace_of_a_running_PostgreSQL_backend_on_Linux/BSD).
Was this a one-off thing, or does it happen regularly? Can you reproduce it?

The latest minor version of the 9.6 series is 9.6.9, so you are a few
versions behind. I don't know if it would help with this particular
issue, but you should upgrade.

- Heikki