Re: BUG #15274: error LOG: server process (PID 13723) was terminatedby signal 11: Segmentation fault - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Heikki Linnakangas
Subject Re: BUG #15274: error LOG: server process (PID 13723) was terminatedby signal 11: Segmentation fault
Date
In response to BUG #15274: error LOG: server process (PID 13723) was terminated bysignal 11: Segmentation fault  (PG Bug reporting form <noreply@postgresql.org>)
List pgsql-bugs
On 11/07/18 11:33, PG Bug reporting form wrote:

> Bug reference:      15274
> Logged by:          Sagar More
> Email address:      sagar5490.more@gmail.com
> PostgreSQL version: 9.6.5
> Operating system:   RHEL 7.2(Maipo)
>
> Dear Team,
>
> We are getting error LOG: server process (PID 13723) was terminated by
> signal 11: Segmentation fault in our production environment database
> we are using postgresql database version 9.6.5.
> The database was started automatically but we want to know about root cause
> of this error and
> how we prevent this error in future

We're going to need more details on what happened. What information is
there in the server log around the crash? Did you get a core dump? Can
you get a backtrace out of the core dump?
(https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Getting_a_stack_trace_of_a_running_PostgreSQL_backend_on_Linux/BSD).
Was this a one-off thing, or does it happen regularly? Can you reproduce it?

The latest minor version of the 9.6 series is 9.6.9, so you are a few
versions behind. I don't know if it would help with this particular
issue, but you should upgrade.

- Heikki