Postgres 10.4 crashing when using PLV8

From
Mukesh Chhatani
Date:
Hello Team,

I am trying to use the PLV8 via function and while using the function created via PLV8 in one of the create materialized view, postgres crashes, attached is the log file with DEBUG5 turned on.

SQL which is breaking the code and SQL function is attached.

Creating materialized view - mat_view_by_product - is the one which causes the crash.

I have tested the same in below environments

1. Test 1 - Passed
Mac , Postgres - 10.4, PLV8 - 2.1.0

2. Test 2 - Passed
AWS RDS , Postgres - 9.6.6 , PLV8 - 1.5.0

3. Test 3 - Fail, This test was passing earlier on 10.3 but fails on 10.4
AWS EC2 , Postgres - 10.4, PLV8 - 2.3.4

4. Test 4 - Fail
AWS RDS , Postgres - 10.3 , PLV8 - 2.1.0

Please let me know if any more information is required to assist in this problem.

Thanks for your help.

Attachment

Re: Postgres 10.4 crashing when using PLV8

From
"David G. Johnston"
Date:
I am trying to use the PLV8 via function and while using the function created via PLV8 in one of the create materialized view, postgres crashes, attached is the log file with DEBUG5 turned on.

​These are not the correct place to post possible bug reports for third-party extensions.  plV8 has an active Issues listing on GitHub and you should post your observations there.  They can report upstream to us if there is indeed something specific in core causing their code to fail.

Additionally, in the future if you find that your email is indeed a core PostgreSQL issue please just submit it to one of the available lists.  If you are unsure pgsql-general is a safe choice.  For this email enough information has been provided that our official pgsql-bugs email list (or form) would be acceptable and indeed preferred.

David J.​

Date:
[...]

Date:
Thanks David for the response, I have opened a issue with PLV8 team.

Let me know if I should report this bug to postgres or not, since I was not sure thus I sent email earlier.

Regards,
Mukesh

Date: