Missing documentation for FETCH FIRST in chapter 7.6

From
PG Doc comments form
Date:

Page: https://www.postgresql.org/docs/10/static/queries-limit.html

The documentation of the SELECT statement lists FETCH FIRST/OFFSET as an
alternative to the proprietary LIMIT clause.

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/sql-select.html#SQL-LIMIT

However, chapter 7.6 about LIMIT/OFFSET does not mention the alternative.

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/queries-limit.html

Re: Missing documentation for FETCH FIRST in chapter 7.6

From
Euler Taveira
Date:
> The documentation of the SELECT statement lists FETCH FIRST/OFFSET as an
> alternative to the proprietary LIMIT clause.
>
> https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/sql-select.html#SQL-LIMIT
>
> However, chapter 7.6 about LIMIT/OFFSET does not mention the alternative.
>
> https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/queries-limit.html

Make sense. I propose the attached patch that adds a link to the LIMIT
section in the SELECT reference page. I also renamed the "number"
variables to the same names used in the SELECT reference page and put
OFFSET in a new line (it looks visually better).

--
   Euler Taveira                                   Timbira -
http://www.timbira.com.br/

Re: Missing documentation for FETCH FIRST in chapter 7.6

Date:
On Wed, Jun 13, 2018 at 04:17:55PM -0300, Euler Taveira wrote:
> > The documentation of the SELECT statement lists FETCH FIRST/OFFSET as an
> > alternative to the proprietary LIMIT clause.
> >
> > https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/sql-select.html#SQL-LIMIT
> >
> > However, chapter 7.6 about LIMIT/OFFSET does not mention the alternative.
> >
> > https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/queries-limit.html
> >
> Make sense. I propose the attached patch that adds a link to the LIMIT
> section in the SELECT reference page. I also renamed the "number"
> variables to the same names used in the SELECT reference page and put
> OFFSET in a new line (it looks visually better).

I applied the attached patch based on your patch to master.  Thanks.