Re: Missing documentation for FETCH FIRST in chapter 7.6 - Mailing list pgsql-docs

From Euler Taveira
Subject Re: Missing documentation for FETCH FIRST in chapter 7.6
Date
List pgsql-docs
> The documentation of the SELECT statement lists FETCH FIRST/OFFSET as an
> alternative to the proprietary LIMIT clause.
>
> https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/sql-select.html#SQL-LIMIT
>
> However, chapter 7.6 about LIMIT/OFFSET does not mention the alternative.
>
> https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/queries-limit.html

Make sense. I propose the attached patch that adds a link to the LIMIT
section in the SELECT reference page. I also renamed the "number"
variables to the same names used in the SELECT reference page and put
OFFSET in a new line (it looks visually better).

--
   Euler Taveira                                   Timbira -
http://www.timbira.com.br/

Attachment