OSCON 2017 Booth application

From
Mark Wong
Date:
Hi everyone,

OSCON is in Portland, Oregon this year, July 16-19.  One of us in the
Portland PostgreSQL User Group will be submitting an application for a
booth when that opens up.  We will update on the results of that, and
continue to organize a presence if accepted.

Regards,
Mark

--
Mark Wong                                http://www.2ndQuadrant.com/
PostgreSQL Development, 24x7 Support, RemoteDBA, Training & Services

Re: OSCON 2017 Booth application

From
Mark Wong
Date:
Hi everyone,

On Mon, Mar 12, 2018 at 12:31:37PM -0700, Mark Wong wrote:
> OSCON is in Portland, Oregon this year, July 16-19.  One of us in the
> Portland PostgreSQL User Group will be submitting an application for a
> booth when that opens up.  We will update on the results of that, and
> continue to organize a presence if accepted.

Unfortunately OSCON has informed us that our application for a spot in
the Non Profit Pavilion was been turned down.  We won't be exhibiting at
OSCON this year.

Regards,
Mark

Re: OSCON 2017 Booth application

From
Darren Duncan
Date:
What was OSCON's reason given for turning you down?  Was there another
Postgres-focused booth in the community area? -- Darren

Date:
On Wed, May 23, 2018 at 11:25:04PM -0700, Darren Duncan wrote:
> What was OSCON's reason given for turning you down?  Was there another
> Postgres-focused booth in the community area? -- Darren

All of the Non Profit spaces were taken.

From what I can see on the Non-Profit Pavilions section (towards the
bottom of the page) [1] it doesn't appear that any of the 10 currently
shown organizations are another Postgres-focused booth in the community
area.

Regards,
Mark

[1] https://conferences.oreilly.com/oscon/oscon-or

--
Mark Wong                                http://www.2ndQuadrant.com/
PostgreSQL Development, 24x7 Support, RemoteDBA, Training & Services

Re: OSCON 2017 Booth application

From
Robert Bernier
Date:
Guys,

So let me get this straight, Josh Berkus is a featured speaker, his picture is on the front page of OSCON website, but
yetwe don't have a booth right?

Robert

On Thursday, May 24, 2018 07:16:27 AM Mark Wong wrote:
> On Wed, May 23, 2018 at 11:25:04PM -0700, Darren Duncan wrote:
> > What was OSCON's reason given for turning you down?  Was there another
> > Postgres-focused booth in the community area? -- Darren
>
> All of the Non Profit spaces were taken.
>
> From what I can see on the Non-Profit Pavilions section (towards the
> bottom of the page) [1] it doesn't appear that any of the 10 currently
> shown organizations are another Postgres-focused booth in the community
> area.

Re: OSCON 2017 Booth application

From
Michael Alan Brewer
Date:
Yeah, I noticed that, too.

So let me get this straight, Josh Berkus is a featured speaker, his picture is on the front page of OSCON website, but yet we don't have a booth right?

Robert

On Thursday, May 24, 2018 07:16:27 AM Mark Wong wrote:
> On Wed, May 23, 2018 at 11:25:04PM -0700, Darren Duncan wrote:
> > What was OSCON's reason given for turning you down?  Was there another
> > Postgres-focused booth in the community area? -- Darren
>
> All of the Non Profit spaces were taken.
>
> From what I can see on the Non-Profit Pavilions section (towards the
> bottom of the page) [1] it doesn't appear that any of the 10 currently
> shown organizations are another Postgres-focused booth in the community
> area.

Re: OSCON 2017 Booth application

From
Debra Cerda
Date:
Unless they’ve significantly downsized the community footprint in the Expo for 2018, I don’t think that all of the nonprofits are listed as of yet. There’s several other recurring NPOs I’d expect to see.

I’m going to reach out directly to my O’Reilly community engagement contacts for insight. It would be a shame not to have a Postgres organization (with roots in Oregon) to be left out.

Mark — make sure that you ask to be waitlisted. We were initially told no in 2016, but I persisted and requested to be waitlisted. No issues for 2017.

Sincerely
Debbie

Date:
On Sun, May 27, 2018 at 09:33:29AM -0500, Debra Cerda wrote:
> Mark — make sure that you ask to be waitlisted. We were initially told no
> in 2016, but I persisted and requested to be waitlisted. No issues for 2017.

Yes, the Portland group has certainly gone through that before too.

Regards,
Mark

--

Date:
On Sat, May 26, 2018 at 12:50:40PM -0700, Robert Bernier wrote:
> Guys,
>
> So let me get this straight, Josh Berkus is a featured speaker, his picture is on the front page of OSCON website,
butyet we don't have a booth right?

To be fair, Josh Berkus is listed as "Josh Berkus is a Kubernetes
community manager at Red Hat".