extern keyword incorrectly used in some function definitions

From
David Rowley
Date:
While poking around partition.c I noticed that one of the functions
there is *defined* as "extern". Normally we'd only do this in the
declaration of the function. I don't really see why it's needed in the
definition.

Anyway, I removed it. I then thought I'd better look around for any
others too...

A patch is attached which removes them all, apart from the snowball
ones. I didn't touch those.

Re: extern keyword incorrectly used in some function definitions

Date:
David Rowley <david.rowley@2ndquadrant.com> writes:
> While poking around partition.c I noticed that one of the functions
> there is *defined* as "extern". Normally we'd only do this in the
> declaration of the function. I don't really see why it's needed in the
> definition.
> Anyway, I removed it. I then thought I'd better look around for any
> others too...
> A patch is attached which removes them all, apart from the snowball
> ones. I didn't touch those.

Agreed.  The snowball stuff is just imported from elsewhere, so we're
not going to try to make it conform to project style.  But the rest
of these look good; pushed.

            regards, tom lane

Date:
On 20 February 2018 at 06:09, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote: