pgpool 2 rotate logs

From
Mariel Cherkassky
Date:
Hi,
I have installed pgpool 2 version 3.7.0 . I'm trying to configure log rotation on the pgpool.log but It seems that something wrong. I configured in logrotate conf file the parameters :

/PostgreSQL/pgpool/log/pgpool.log {

        daily

        dateext

        missingok

        compress

        notifempty

        maxage 7

        maxsize 21118320640

                rotate 7

                create 644 postgres postgres

                postrotate

        su - postgres -c "~/pgpool/bin/pgpool reload"

                endscript

}

After the first rotation, an archive is generated but the pool stops writing to the original log. Any idea what can be the reason ?

Re: pgpool 2 rotate logs

From
Tatsuo Ishii
Date:
> Hi,
> I have installed pgpool 2 version 3.7.0 . I'm trying to configure log
> rotation on the pgpool.log but It seems that something wrong. I configured
> in logrotate conf file the parameters :

This is not an appropriate mailing because your question is nothing
related to PostgreSQL nor PostgreSQL performance. So please go to
appropriate mailing list (for example pgpool-general
https://www.pgpool.net/mailman/listinfo/pgpool-general).

BTW a short answer to your question is, pgpool does not the close log
file upon receiving SIGHUP (issued by reload). Please make more
questions if you have on the pgpool mailing list.

Best regards,
--
Tatsuo Ishii
SRA OSS, Inc. Japan