New PUG in Frankfurt

From
Diego Calvo de Nó

I would like to start a new PUG to help the propagation of PostgreSQL in Frankfurt. I am working at Proventa, which is a Partner of EDB in Germany.

In Germany there are only PUGs in Berlin and Hamburg and most of the German enterprises are based between Düsseldorf and München, Frankfurt being just in the middle of this area and being one of the most important cities for banking and insurances worldwide it seems reasonable to create a new PUG here. Additionally, there are 3 main universities (Frankfurt, Darmstadt and Mainz) nearby which can also help propagating PostgreSQL know-how.

In December, Bruce, Jan and myself have already contributed to a fair in Frankfurt (IT Tage) and the interest on PostgreSQL was high.

If there is no objection to this idea, what would be the next steps?

Best Regards

Diego

PROVENTA AG

Untermainkai 29

60329 Frankfurt am Main

Fon:        +49 (0)69-23 25 50

Fax:        +49 (0)69-23 42 67

Mobil:      +49 (0)160-478 11 69

eMail:    d.calvo@proventa.de

Web:      www.proventa.de

Vorstand:

Dipl. Inform. Wolfram Wittmann

Dipl. Inform. Vojko Vojkovic

Dipl.-Ing. Dipl. Kfm. Diego Calvo de Nó

Aufsichtsrat:

Michael Hawelka (Vorsitzender)

Prof. Dr.–Ing. Toni Viscido

Prof. Dr. Heinz Züllighoven

Sitz der Gesellschaft:

Frankfurt am Main

Eingetragen beim Amtsgericht Frankfurt HRB: 79466

Bankverbindung:

Frankfurter Sparkasse 1822

IBAN: DE48 5005 0201 0200 3940 02

BIC: HELADEF1822