Fix permissions check on pg_stat_get_wal_senders

From
Feike Steenbergen
Date:
Fix permissions check on pg_stat_get_wal_senders

Commit 25fff40798fc4ac11a241bfd9ab0c45c085e2212 introduced the
possibility for the pg_read_all_stats to have access to all pg_stat_*
views.
In the discussion, the pg_stat_replication and pg_stat_wal_receiver
views were also considered to be part of that, however
pg_stat_get_wal_senders was somehow not part of that commit, that
seems an oversight.

1: https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CA%2BOCxoyYxO%2BJmzv2Micj4uAaQdAi6nq0w25BPQgLLxsrvTmREw%40mail.gmail.com\

regards,

Feike Steenbergen

Attachment

Re: Fix permissions check on pg_stat_get_wal_senders

From
Michael Paquier
Date:
On Thu, Dec 21, 2017 at 7:30 PM, Feike Steenbergen
<feikesteenbergen@gmail.com> wrote:
> Fix permissions check on pg_stat_get_wal_senders
>
> Commit 25fff40798fc4ac11a241bfd9ab0c45c085e2212 introduced the
> possibility for the pg_read_all_stats to have access to all pg_stat_*
> views.
> In the discussion, the pg_stat_replication and pg_stat_wal_receiver
> views were also considered to be part of that, however
> pg_stat_get_wal_senders was somehow not part of that commit, that
> seems an oversight.
>
> 1: https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CA%2BOCxoyYxO%2BJmzv2Micj4uAaQdAi6nq0w25BPQgLLxsrvTmREw%40mail.gmail.com\

Yes, that's a bug, albeit a minor one.

-        * Only superusers can see details. Other users only get the pid value
-        * to know whether it is a WAL receiver, but no details.
+        * Only superusers and members of pg_read_all_stats can see details.
+        * Other users only get the pid value to know it's a
walsender, but no details.
You mean a WAL receiver here, not a WAL sender.
--
Michael

Date:
On 21 December 2017 at 14:11, Michael Paquier <michael.paquier@gmail.com> wrote:
> You mean a WAL receiver here, not a WAL sender.

Fixed, thanks

Date:
On Fri, Dec 22, 2017 at 07:49:34AM +0100, Feike Steenbergen wrote:
> On 21 December 2017 at 14:11, Michael Paquier <michael.paquier@gmail.com> wrote:
> > You mean a WAL receiver here, not a WAL sender.
>
> Fixed, thanks

[nit]
         /*
 -         * Only superusers can see details. Other users only get the pid value
+         * Only superusers and members of pg_read_all_stats can see details.
+         * Other users only get the pid value
          * to know whether it is a WAL receiver, but no details.
          */

Incorrect comment format.
[/nit]

Committers run pgindent on each patch before committing anyway, and what
you are proposing here looks good to me, so I am marking that as ready for
committer. Simon, as the original committer of 25fff407, could you look
at what is proposed here?
--
Michael

Attachment

Re: Fix permissions check on pg_stat_get_wal_senders

From
Simon Riggs
Date:
On 23 December 2017 at 10:56, Michael Paquier <michael.paquier@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 22, 2017 at 07:49:34AM +0100, Feike Steenbergen wrote:
>> On 21 December 2017 at 14:11, Michael Paquier <michael.paquier@gmail.com> wrote:
>> > You mean a WAL receiver here, not a WAL sender.
>>
>> Fixed, thanks
>
> [nit]
>                 /*
>  -               * Only superusers can see details. Other users only get the pid value
> +                * Only superusers and members of pg_read_all_stats can see details.
> +                * Other users only get the pid value
>                  * to know whether it is a WAL receiver, but no details.
>                  */
>
> Incorrect comment format.
> [/nit]
>
> Committers run pgindent on each patch before committing anyway, and what
> you are proposing here looks good to me, so I am marking that as ready for
> committer. Simon, as the original committer of 25fff407, could you look
> at what is proposed here?

Yup, I got this.

Date:
On 5 January 2018 at 15:19, Simon Riggs <simon@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> Yup, I got this.

I saw the commit in the master branch but not in the REL_10_STABLE branch,
I'm totally not up-to-date with the backpatching process, but I was wondering
if it still needs to be added to REL_10_STABLE

regards,

Feike

Re: Fix permissions check on pg_stat_get_wal_senders

From
Simon Riggs
Date:
On 24 January 2018 at 13:15, Feike Steenbergen
<feikesteenbergen@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 5 January 2018 at 15:19, Simon Riggs <simon@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
>> Yup, I got this.
>
> I saw the commit in the master branch but not in the REL_10_STABLE branch,
> I'm totally not up-to-date with the backpatching process, but I was wondering
> if it still needs to be added to REL_10_STABLE

Yep, as the commit message said: "then later backpatch to 10". Will do.