FAT or NTFS on W2k

From
chips42
Date:
Hi,
    I have been having problems with both the cygwin and the native port
of postgreSQL. I currently have my hard drive formatted as FAT32. Should
I convert to NTFS? I have been looking at the archives it is encouraged
but not prohibited if I understand the posts correctly.

Thanks...
Fritz

Re: FAT or NTFS on W2k

From
Justin Wyer
Date:
chips42 wrote:

> Hi,
>    I have been having problems with both the cygwin and the native
> port of postgreSQL. I currently have my hard drive formatted as FAT32.
> Should I convert to NTFS? I have been looking at the archives it is
> encouraged but not prohibited if I understand the posts correctly.
>
> Thanks...
> Fritz

> TIP 8: explain analyze is your friend

It makes no difference, u looking in the wrong place, if you could maybe
describe the problems you are encountering, some solutions would be
offered up.

Regards
Justin

Re: FAT or NTFS on W2k

From
"Magnus Hagander"
Date:
> Hi,
>     I have been having problems with both the cygwin and the
> native port of postgreSQL. I currently have my hard drive
> formatted as FAT32. Should I convert to NTFS? I have been
> looking at the archives it is encouraged but not prohibited
> if I understand the posts correctly.

Yes, if at all possible you should. On a production server, *make* it
possible.

It's a bit far-fetched to say that is the cause of your problems,
though. We need to know exactly what the problems are (error messages,
what does not work etc) to help with that.

//Magnus