Re: FAT or NTFS on W2k - Mailing list pgsql-hackers-win32

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: FAT or NTFS on W2k
Date
List pgsql-hackers-win32
> Hi,
>     I have been having problems with both the cygwin and the
> native port of postgreSQL. I currently have my hard drive
> formatted as FAT32. Should I convert to NTFS? I have been
> looking at the archives it is encouraged but not prohibited
> if I understand the posts correctly.

Yes, if at all possible you should. On a production server, *make* it
possible.

It's a bit far-fetched to say that is the cause of your problems,
though. We need to know exactly what the problems are (error messages,
what does not work etc) to help with that.

//Magnus