[pgsql-www] pg10 doc breadcrumb/header

From
Jeremy Schneider
Date:
if you're in any previous version of the docs (9.6, 9.5, etc) then you
see two lines: one for "10" and one for "devel".

but when you click into the pg10 documentation this is collapsed into
a single link.  if you clicked "devel" then the url has devel, but if
you clicked "10" then the url has 10.  seems like something we
wouldn't have intended.  just wanted to point it out so we can address
it.  :)

-Jeremy

--
http://about.me/jeremy_schneider

Re: [pgsql-www] pg10 doc breadcrumb/header

From
Jeremy Schneider
Date:
that was supposed to be "current" rather than "devel"

maybe this is intentional since 10 and current are the same thing?
still seems inconsistent between the "current" and "10" urls

-J

On Thu, Oct 5, 2017 at 3:59 PM, Jeremy Schneider
<schneider@ardentperf.com> wrote:
> if you're in any previous version of the docs (9.6, 9.5, etc) then you
> see two lines: one for "10" and one for "devel".
>
> but when you click into the pg10 documentation this is collapsed into
> a single link.  if you clicked "devel" then the url has devel, but if
> you clicked "10" then the url has 10.  seems like something we
> wouldn't have intended.  just wanted to point it out so we can address
> it.  :)
>
> -Jeremy
>
> --
> http://about.me/jeremy_schneider

--
http://about.me/jeremy_schneider

Re: [pgsql-www] pg10 doc breadcrumb/header

From
Magnus Hagander

that was supposed to be "current" rather than "devel"

maybe this is intentional since 10 and current are the same thing?
still seems inconsistent between the "current" and "10" urls

-J

On Thu, Oct 5, 2017 at 3:59 PM, Jeremy Schneider
<schneider@ardentperf.com> wrote:
> if you're in any previous version of the docs (9.6, 9.5, etc) then you
> see two lines: one for "10" and one for "devel".
>
> but when you click into the pg10 documentation this is collapsed into
> a single link.  if you clicked "devel" then the url has devel, but if
> you clicked "10" then the url has 10.  seems like something we
> wouldn't have intended.  just wanted to point it out so we can address
> it.  :)

I will admit I still don't understand what you're referring to here.

Are you asking for there to be a way from doc pages in /current/ to explicitly link to the /10/ version, for permanent linkage?

--

Re: [pgsql-www] pg10 doc breadcrumb/header

From
Vik Fearing
Date:
On 10/06/2017 10:09 AM, Magnus Hagander wrote:

> On Fri, Oct 6, 2017 at 1:02 AM, Jeremy Schneider
> <schneider@ardentperf.com <mailto:schneider@ardentperf.com>> wrote:
>
>     that was supposed to be "current" rather than "devel"
>
>     maybe this is intentional since 10 and current are the same thing?
>     still seems inconsistent between the "current" and "10" urls
>
>     -J
>
>     On Thu, Oct 5, 2017 at 3:59 PM, Jeremy Schneider
>     <schneider@ardentperf.com <mailto:schneider@ardentperf.com>> wrote:
>     > if you're in any previous version of the docs (9.6, 9.5, etc) then you
>     > see two lines: one for "10" and one for "devel".
>     >
>     > but when you click into the pg10 documentation this is collapsed into
>     > a single link.  if you clicked "devel" then the url has devel, but if
>     > you clicked "10" then the url has 10.  seems like something we
>     > wouldn't have intended.  just wanted to point it out so we can address
>     > it.  :)
>

> I will admit I still don't understand what you're referring to here.
>
> Are you asking for there to be a way from doc pages in /current/ to
> explicitly link to the /10/ version, for permanent linkage?

I have asked for that before (the other way round).
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/63641a45-36fc-a8d2-69e4-e150cfbfa032@2ndquadrant.com
--
Vik Fearing                                          +33 6 46 75 15 36

Date:
> On 10/06/2017 10:09 AM, Magnus Hagander wrote:
>>
>> I will admit I still don't understand what you're referring to here.
>>
>> Are you asking for there to be a way from doc pages in /current/ to
>> explicitly link to the /10/ version, for permanent linkage?

Well when you put it that way, maybe that is what I'm asking for.  I
thought I was just pointing out an inconsistency on the website.  :)
Anyway it seems to me like an inconsistency.  I'm not sure if these
listservs support images, but I've tried to attach some small
screenshots to this email that show what I was talking about.

-J

--
http://about.me/jeremy_schneider

Re: [pgsql-www] pg10 doc breadcrumb/header

From
"David G. Johnston"
Date:
On Tue, Oct 10, 2017 at 12:57 PM, Jeremy Schneider <schneider@ardentperf.com> wrote:
> On 10/06/2017 10:09 AM, Magnus Hagander wrote:
>>
>> I will admit I still don't understand what you're referring to here.
>>
>> Are you asking for there to be a way from doc pages in /current/ to
>> explicitly link to the /10/ version, for permanent linkage?

Well when you put it that way, maybe that is what I'm asking for.  I
thought I was just pointing out an inconsistency on the website.  :)
Anyway it seems to me like an inconsistency.  I'm not sure if these
listservs support images, but I've tried to attach some small
screenshots to this email that show what I was talking about.

How about this?

Current | ​Supported versions: 9.3 / 9.4 / 9.5 / 9.6 / 10  |  Development versions: devel  |  Unsupported versions: 7.2 / 7.3 / 7.4 / 8.0 / 8.1 / 8.2 / 8.3 / 8.4 / 9.0 / 9.1 / 9.2

If you are on the 10 "site" the current link would remain active and if you are on the current "site" the 10 link would remain active.

David J.