Hi,

There is small issue in the HINT message which we provide at the time of dropping subscription ,where we are saying -WITH (slot_name) which need to change with SET (slot_name).

postgres=# drop subscription sub;
ERROR:  could not connect to publisher when attempting to drop the replication slot "pub"
DETAIL:  The error was: could not connect to server: No such file or directory
HINT:  Use ALTER SUBSCRIPTION ... WITH (slot_name = NONE) to disassociate the subscription from the slot.

expected = "HINT:  Use ALTER SUBSCRIPTION ... SET (slot_name = NONE) to disassociate the subscription from the slot."

--
regards,tushar
EnterpriseDB  https://www.enterprisedb.com/
On Fri, May 19, 2017 at 3:41 PM, tushar <tushar.ahuja@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
> ERROR:  could not connect to publisher when attempting to drop the
> replication slot "pub"
> DETAIL:  The error was: could not connect to server: No such file or
> directory
>     Is the server running locally and accepting
>     connections on Unix domain socket "/tmp/.s.PGSQL.5432"?
> HINT:  Use ALTER SUBSCRIPTION ... WITH (slot_name = NONE) to disassociate
> the subscription from the slot.
>
> expected = "HINT:  Use ALTER SUBSCRIPTION ... SET (slot_name = NONE) to
> disassociate the subscription from the slot."

Seems like syntax got changed in
b807f59828fbc02fea612e1cbc0066c6dfa3be9b commit but missed to change
the hint. Attached patch fixes that.

Dilip Kumar

>> ERROR:  could not connect to publisher when attempting to drop the
>> replication slot "pub"
>> DETAIL:  The error was: could not connect to server: No such file or
>> directory
>>     Is the server running locally and accepting
>>     connections on Unix domain socket "/tmp/.s.PGSQL.5432"?
>> HINT:  Use ALTER SUBSCRIPTION ... WITH (slot_name = NONE) to disassociate
>> the subscription from the slot.
>>
>> expected = "HINT:  Use ALTER SUBSCRIPTION ... SET (slot_name = NONE) to
>> disassociate the subscription from the slot."
>
> Seems like syntax got changed in
> b807f59828fbc02fea612e1cbc0066c6dfa3be9b commit but missed to change
> the hint. Attached patch fixes that.

Fixed, thanks.