[BUGS] BUG #14655: PostgreSQL 9.6 not compatible with QTS latest release

From
duane.una.harland@gmail.com
Date:

Bug reference:      14655
Logged by:          Duane Harland
Email address:      duane.una.harland@gmail.com
PostgreSQL version: 9.6.0
Operating system:   Qnap's QTS 4.3.3.0174 (linux under the hood)

This is aimed, I think, at the pgsql-hackers list.

I am hoping that you can help. I've been using postgreSQL to underpin a
media-wiki on my Qnap NAS box (works flawlessly). Qnap has recently released
a firmware/os update which has meant that the previously available
postgreSQL 9.6.0 no longer loads. An earlier version 9.3.13 is still
available but can't access the database created with 9.6.

Qnap helpdesk suggested contacting the PostgreSQL community to let you know,
and hopefully someone can put together a working release.

Re: [BUGS] BUG #14655: PostgreSQL 9.6 not compatible with QTS latest release

From
"David G. Johnston"
Date: