Re: [BUGS] BUG #14655: PostgreSQL 9.6 not compatible with QTS latest release - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Duane Harland
Subject Re: [BUGS] BUG #14655: PostgreSQL 9.6 not compatible with QTS latest release
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Dear David,

Thank you very much for the quick reply. I appreciate that.

It is a very reasonable answer and mostly what I was expecting. The installation was from a prepackaged "app" on the NAS. So I was hoping that there may be someone looking after that in the project team (who would be understandably outraged about Qnap's downgrade), but I am also not surprised or upset that it is not the case. Qnap NAS is not really a major target.

It looks like I will have to do some research to get to the bottom of exactly what is going on and options. I think I'll put pressure on Qnap to get them to compile a 9.6 app for their system; it seems like their job to me.
If it turns out that there is a place for the PostgreSQL team, would it be best to interact directly with the hackers mail list or was my use of the web form ok?

Keep up the excellent work.

Kind regards
Duane