[pgadmin-hackers][patch] RM2163 emboldened syntax highlighting

From
Atira Odhner
Date:
Hello Hackers

We have made syntax highlighting more visible!

-Tira & George
Attachment

Re: [pgadmin-hackers][patch] RM2163 emboldened syntax highlighting

From
Murtuza Zabuawala
Date:
Hi,

It's not a good idea to directly change in main Library, Lets say if newer version of CodeMirror available and we want to pull new version then we need to maintain this change set every time we pull new version.

Instead please use,
  • web/pgadmin/static/css/overrides.css

or more specifically if you are only targeting Syntax highlighting for Query Tool then,
  • web/pgadmin/tools/sqleditor/static/css/sqleditor.css

to override any CSS related changes specific to pgAdmin4.

Murtuza Zabuawala
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

We have made syntax highlighting more visible!

-Tira & George

Re: [pgadmin-hackers][patch] RM2163 emboldened syntax highlighting

From
Dave Page
Date:
Hi

On Thu, Feb 9, 2017 at 7:26 AM, Murtuza Zabuawala
<murtuza.zabuawala@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> It's not a good idea to directly change in main Library, Lets say if newer
> version of CodeMirror available and we want to pull new version then we need
> to maintain this change set every time we pull new version.
>
> Instead please use,
>
> web/pgadmin/static/css/overrides.css
>

> or more specifically if you are only targeting Syntax highlighting for Query
> Tool then,
>
> web/pgadmin/tools/sqleditor/static/css/sqleditor.css
>

> to override any CSS related changes specific to pgAdmin4.

Agreed - we only modify bundled libraries when there is no other
choice, and then we add a README explaining what was changed and why.

In this case, I think the changes should be in overrides.css which is
intended specifically for overriding styles in the third party
libraries (yes, I know there are a few things in there that should be
in pgadmin.css - we need to clean that up somewhen). They should not
be for the SQL Editor only.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Re: [pgadmin-hackers][patch] RM2163 emboldened syntax highlighting

From
Atira Odhner

Good point! I guess I was asleep at the wheel on this one. I didn't notice it was a library.

On Thu, Feb 9, 2017, 4:37 AM Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org> wrote:
Hi

On Thu, Feb 9, 2017 at 7:26 AM, Murtuza Zabuawala
<murtuza.zabuawala@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> It's not a good idea to directly change in main Library, Lets say if newer
> version of CodeMirror available and we want to pull new version then we need
> to maintain this change set every time we pull new version.
>
> Instead please use,
>
> web/pgadmin/static/css/overrides.css
>

> or more specifically if you are only targeting Syntax highlighting for Query
> Tool then,
>
> web/pgadmin/tools/sqleditor/static/css/sqleditor.css
>

> to override any CSS related changes specific to pgAdmin4.

Agreed - we only modify bundled libraries when there is no other
choice, and then we add a README explaining what was changed and why.

In this case, I think the changes should be in overrides.css which is
intended specifically for overriding styles in the third party
libraries (yes, I know there are a few things in there that should be
in pgadmin.css - we need to clean that up somewhen). They should not
be for the SQL Editor only.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com
Twitter: @pgsnake

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Re: [pgadmin-hackers][patch] RM2163 emboldened syntax highlighting

From
Atira Odhner
Date:
Here's the updated patch

Good point! I guess I was asleep at the wheel on this one. I didn't notice it was a library.

On Thu, Feb 9, 2017, 4:37 AM Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org> wrote:
Hi

On Thu, Feb 9, 2017 at 7:26 AM, Murtuza Zabuawala
<murtuza.zabuawala@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> It's not a good idea to directly change in main Library, Lets say if newer
> version of CodeMirror available and we want to pull new version then we need
> to maintain this change set every time we pull new version.
>
> Instead please use,
>
> web/pgadmin/static/css/overrides.css
>

> or more specifically if you are only targeting Syntax highlighting for Query
> Tool then,
>
> web/pgadmin/tools/sqleditor/static/css/sqleditor.css
>

> to override any CSS related changes specific to pgAdmin4.

Agreed - we only modify bundled libraries when there is no other
choice, and then we add a README explaining what was changed and why.

In this case, I think the changes should be in overrides.css which is
intended specifically for overriding styles in the third party
libraries (yes, I know there are a few things in there that should be
in pgadmin.css - we need to clean that up somewhen). They should not
be for the SQL Editor only.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com
Twitter: @pgsnake

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Attachment

Re: [pgadmin-hackers][patch] RM2163 emboldened syntax highlighting

From
Dave Page
Date:
Thanks, patch applied.