[pgadmin-hackers] .gitignore Improvement Suggestion

From
Jonas Thelemann
Date:
Good day pga-hackers,

while playing around with the source and Git I found out that building
an executable on my Raspberry Pi creates a file called "pgAdmin4" in the
runtime folder. The .gitignore file in the same folder only mentions a
"pgadmin4" file without a capital "a" in its name.

As I'm new to this project it could well be that this was changed in one
of the last commits of which I have no knowledge. Because it's just a
small change to fix this potentially new and probably unwanted error I
attached the fix to this mail. I also put all lines in the .gitignores
in alphabetical order to make them easier to read and to prevent
duplicate lines.

No matter if only the real fix is going to get accepted or the
reordering too: did I submit the .diff (patch) correctly? I'm new to Git
via the command line as you already know. Please tell me, if I made any
mistakes.

Greetings from Germany,
Jonas Thelemann

Attachment

Re: [pgadmin-hackers] .gitignore Improvement Suggestion

From
Jonas Thelemann
Date:
Well, 10 minutes later I notice that I made a mistake describing the
fix. The attached file is correct though.

Fix A (not the reordering) consists of 2 fixes. One is adding the
"pgAdmin4" executable file to the ignore list in the runtime folder. The
other is to rename the line/file "qrc_pgadmin4.cpp" to
"qrc_pgAdmin4.cpp" in the .gitignore of the runtime folder. That's what
I meant with 'lower case "a" to capital "A"'.

Sorry for my faux pas there, it's 5 am and I seriously should go to bed now.

Good night,
Jonas Thelemann

Am 15.01.2017 um 05:00 schrieb Jonas Thelemann:
> Good day pga-hackers,
>
> while playing around with the source and Git I found out that building
> an executable on my Raspberry Pi creates a file called "pgAdmin4" in
> the runtime folder. The .gitignore file in the same folder only
> mentions a "pgadmin4" file without a capital "a" in its name.
>
> As I'm new to this project it could well be that this was changed in
> one of the last commits of which I have no knowledge. Because it's
> just a small change to fix this potentially new and probably unwanted
> error I attached the fix to this mail. I also put all lines in the
> .gitignores in alphabetical order to make them easier to read and to
> prevent duplicate lines.
>
> No matter if only the real fix is going to get accepted or the
> reordering too: did I submit the .diff (patch) correctly? I'm new to
> Git via the command line as you already know. Please tell me, if I
> made any mistakes.
>
> Greetings from Germany,
> Jonas Thelemann

Re: [pgadmin-hackers] .gitignore Improvement Suggestion

From
Dave Page
Date:
Hi

On Sun, Jan 15, 2017 at 4:00 AM, Jonas Thelemann
<e-mail@jonas-thelemann.de> wrote:
> Good day pga-hackers,
>
> while playing around with the source and Git I found out that building an
> executable on my Raspberry Pi creates a file called "pgAdmin4" in the
> runtime folder. The .gitignore file in the same folder only mentions a
> "pgadmin4" file without a capital "a" in its name.
>
> As I'm new to this project it could well be that this was changed in one of
> the last commits of which I have no knowledge. Because it's just a small
> change to fix this potentially new and probably unwanted error I attached
> the fix to this mail. I also put all lines in the .gitignores in
> alphabetical order to make them easier to read and to prevent duplicate
> lines.
>
> No matter if only the real fix is going to get accepted or the reordering
> too: did I submit the .diff (patch) correctly? I'm new to Git via the
> command line as you already know. Please tell me, if I made any mistakes.

It all looks good to me - patch committed, thanks!

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company