[pgAdmin4][Patch]: RM #1801 : Properly handle databases with datallowconn == false

From
Khushboo Vashi
Date:
Hi,

Please find the attached patch for RM #1801: Properly handle databases with datallowconn == false.

Issue: While connecting the database, allowconn parameter was not in consideration.  Also, the database properties query call was on the selected database which was not correct.

Fix: Put the check of  allowconn, while connecting the database in JS file. Also, the database properties query call set to the maintenance database.

Thanks,
Khushboo

Attachment
Hi

On Fri, Nov 18, 2016 at 1:03 PM, Khushboo Vashi
<khushboo.vashi@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Please find the attached patch for RM #1801: Properly handle databases with
> datallowconn == false.
>
> Issue: While connecting the database, allowconn parameter was not in
> consideration.  Also, the database properties query call was on the selected
> database which was not correct.
>
> Fix: Put the check of  allowconn, while connecting the database in JS file.
> Also, the database properties query call set to the maintenance database.

All good, but this is just infrastructure for what's really required;
i.e. disabling menu options to do things like backups, run the query
tool etc. (anything that needs a connection). Can you resolve that
please?

Thanks.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Hi,

Please find the attached updated patch.

On Fri, Nov 18, 2016 at 7:45 PM, Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org> wrote:
Hi

On Fri, Nov 18, 2016 at 1:03 PM, Khushboo Vashi
<khushboo.vashi@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Please find the attached patch for RM #1801: Properly handle databases with
> datallowconn == false.
>
> Issue: While connecting the database, allowconn parameter was not in
> consideration.  Also, the database properties query call was on the selected
> database which was not correct.
>
> Fix: Put the check of  allowconn, while connecting the database in JS file.
> Also, the database properties query call set to the maintenance database.

All good, but this is just infrastructure for what's really required;
i.e. disabling menu options to do things like backups, run the query
tool etc. (anything that needs a connection). Can you resolve that
please?

Fixed

Thanks.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com
Twitter: @pgsnake

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Attachment
Hi

This doesn't apply  - can you rebase it please?

Thanks.

On Thu, Nov 24, 2016 at 8:57 AM, Khushboo Vashi
> [...]

>> <khushboo.vashi@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > Please find the attached patch for RM #1801: Properly handle databases
>> > with
>> > datallowconn == false.
>> >
>> > Issue: While connecting the database, allowconn parameter was not in
>> > consideration.  Also, the database properties query call was on the
>> > selected
>> > database which was not correct.
>> >
>> > Fix: Put the check of  allowconn, while connecting the database in JS
>> > file.
>> > Also, the database properties query call set to the maintenance
>> > database.
>>
>> All good, but this is just infrastructure for what's really required;
>> i.e. disabling menu options to do things like backups, run the query
>> tool etc. (anything that needs a connection). Can you resolve that

On Fri, Nov 25, 2016 at 12:19 PM, Khushboo Vashi
<khushboo.vashi@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Please find the attached updated patch.

Please see the attached screenshot. It's still offering to let me
connect to a database with datallowconn=false, or create objects in
it.

It also doesn't display the properties or dashboard for it if I click
on it - it just silently keeps displaying the properties/dashboard for
the previous database.

--

On Fri, Nov 25, 2016 at 7:12 PM, Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org> wrote:
Hi

On Fri, Nov 25, 2016 at 12:19 PM, Khushboo Vashi
<khushboo.vashi@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Please find the attached updated patch.

Please see the attached screenshot. It's still offering to let me
connect to a database with datallowconn=false, or create objects in
it.

Fixed.

It also doesn't display the properties or dashboard for it if I click
on it - it just silently keeps displaying the properties/dashboard for
the previous database.

Fixed.
--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com
Twitter: @pgsnake

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Attachment
Hi

On Fri, Nov 25, 2016 at 12:19 PM, Khushboo Vashi
<khushboo.vashi@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Please find the attached updated patch.

Please see the attached screenshot. It's still offering to let me
connect to a database with datallowconn=false, or create objects in
it.

Fixed.

It also doesn't display the properties or dashboard for it if I click
on it - it just silently keeps displaying the properties/dashboard for
the previous database.

Fixed.

I'm still seeing graphs being generated when I've selected a template database with datallowconn = true. What is it showing me? I'm seeing transactions, tuple and block I/O, which I would not expect from a database that noone can connect to.

Thanks.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com
Twitter: @pgsnake

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Hi,

Please find the attached updated patch.

Thanks,
Khushboo

On Fri, Nov 25, 2016 at 12:19 PM, Khushboo Vashi
<khushboo.vashi@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Please find the attached updated patch.

Please see the attached screenshot. It's still offering to let me
connect to a database with datallowconn=false, or create objects in
it.

Fixed.

It also doesn't display the properties or dashboard for it if I click
on it - it just silently keeps displaying the properties/dashboard for
the previous database.

Fixed.

I'm still seeing graphs being generated when I've selected a template database with datallowconn = true. What is it showing me? I'm seeing transactions, tuple and block I/O, which I would not expect from a database that noone can connect to.

Fixed

Thanks.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com
Twitter: @pgsnake

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Attachment
Thanks, patch applied.

On Fri, Dec 9, 2016 at 5:32 AM, Khushboo Vashi
<khushboo.vashi@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Please find the attached updated patch.
>
> Thanks,
> Khushboo
>
> On Mon, Dec 5, 2016 at 11:09 PM, Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org> wrote:
>>
>> Hi
>>
>> On Friday, December 2, 2016, Khushboo Vashi
>> <khushboo.vashi@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi.
>>>
>>> Please find the attached updated patch.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Khushboo

>>> Fixed.

>>> Fixed.
>>

>> I'm still seeing graphs being generated when I've selected a template
>> database with datallowconn = true. What is it showing me? I'm seeing
>> transactions, tuple and block I/O, which I would not expect from a database
>> that noone can connect to.
>>

> Fixed
>

>> Thanks.
>>

>> --
>> Dave Page
>> Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com
>> Twitter: @pgsnake

>> The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com
Twitter: @pgsnake

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Hi,

Please find the attached patch to fix the regression bug due to this (RM 1801) fix.

Issue: While creating database, gets an error while changing the tab to SQL tab.

Thanks,
Khushboo

On Fri, Dec 9, 2016 at 5:29 PM, Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org> wrote:
Thanks, patch applied.

On Fri, Dec 9, 2016 at 5:32 AM, Khushboo Vashi
<khushboo.vashi@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Please find the attached updated patch.
>
> Thanks,
> Khushboo
>
> On Mon, Dec 5, 2016 at 11:09 PM, Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org> wrote:
>>
>> Hi
>>
>> On Friday, December 2, 2016, Khushboo Vashi
>> <khushboo.vashi@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi.
>>>
>>> Please find the attached updated patch.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Khushboo

>>> Fixed.

>>> Fixed.
>>

>> I'm still seeing graphs being generated when I've selected a template
>> database with datallowconn = true. What is it showing me? I'm seeing
>> transactions, tuple and block I/O, which I would not expect from a database
>> that noone can connect to.
>>

> Fixed
>

>> Thanks.
>>

>> --
>> Dave Page
>> Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com
>> Twitter: @pgsnake

>> The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com
Twitter: @pgsnake

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Attachment
Thanks, patch applied.

On Fri, Dec 16, 2016 at 12:02 PM, Khushboo Vashi